- 1 Posts
com.android.phone error persists even after factory data reset
I've just upgraded my Samsung S3 smartphone to Android JellyBean 4.3. Everything seems to work fine, except for the Phone application. Every time I try to call someone I always get the "Unfortunately com.android.phone has stopped" error. This seems to be causing me even more trouble since I can't even receive calls from friends and clients. They do get a ringing tone when they call me but my phone does not ring at all and I do not receive the call at all. I've asked Samsung customer care and they suggested me to perform a factory data reset which I did, but to no avail as the problem still persists.
Any suggestions of how to solve the prob please? I'd appreciate your help.
- 01-26-2014, 12:54 AM #2
- 6,973 Posts
Re: com.android.phone error persists even after factory data reset
Did you try clearing the system cache in Recovery mode?
If you go to Settings -> Application manager -> All, scroll down until you find the Phone app and open it, does the version information match what is shown in Settings -> About phone? If it doesn't, it'll be necessary to reflash the firmware.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
- By sarkycow in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 7Last Post: 07-24-2015, 07:47 AM
- By archer75 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 9Last Post: 05-04-2015, 10:09 PM
- By zetodavido in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 01-24-2014, 12:36 PM
- By nanthak9 in forum HTC SalsaReplies: 0Last Post: 01-24-2014, 12:55 AM
- By skirush2014 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 01-23-2014, 11:31 PM