Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default Multiple problems, one question

Hi everyone,

I see that I am not the only one experiencing problems after upgrading to 4.3. I've seen many people on all of the carriers complain about this on multiple forums. I have obscene battery drain, wi-fi problems, unstable internet connection, and my phone (Galaxy S3, Verizon) occasionally gets very hot. The heat issue happens usually when the wi-fi symbol in my notification bar has a question mark in it. Despite there being no mention of a solution coming from any carrier or Samsung, I decided to call Verizon anyway, really just to get on record with the heat issue. The tech support supervisor told me they are "aware of the issue" and for now are recommending a factory reset. So I decided I'll give it a try.

My question is about the 'Backup and reset' feature on the phone. I have 'Back up my data' checked, and it says it will backup my apps, but I believe I've always read that only 3rd party backup apps backup all of the settings for apps, like HD Widgets, Nova Launcher, Poweramp. Can someone tell me if the backup built into my phone will backup all of my app settings, or do I have to get a 3rd party backup app?

Thank you very much.

Default Re: Multiple problems, one question

Your settings and app data are unforutenatly not able to be backed up. The apps themselves will all be backed up, but your data will not.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Multiple problems, one question

OP, go to the Play store and install Helium Backup. It will let you back up pretty much everything.