Email notifications not working POP3

Chuck Dee

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Ive got a galaxy S3 and have 4 email accounts on it. hotmail, gmail, pop3.
My POP3 account notifications dont work. Light or sound. The others work fine.

Synch is on in all places..

I stopped me app and cleared everything and re installed all accounts. That did the trick for 2 days. I havent downloaded any apps or done anything in those 2 days but now its back to not working.

Ive had the phone 2 years and this is the first time its done this....

help!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Ive got a galaxy S3 and have 4 email accounts on it. hotmail, gmail, pop3.
My POP3 account notifications dont work. Light or sound. The others work fine.

Synch is on in all places..

I stopped me app and cleared everything and re installed all accounts. That did the trick for 2 days. I havent downloaded any apps or done anything in those 2 days but now its back to not working.

Ive had the phone 2 years and this is the first time its done this....

help!

Are you sure you have it set up properly and what email client are you using?

Chuck Dee

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
stock email client 4.2 galaxy S3. It is set up properly as it was working until it didnt..

I found a quick fix. changed "number of emails to load" from " all " to 100.... it works now and not sure why "all" makes it not function

issue with that is once you delete an email an old one loads to keep 100 emails ....

Last edited:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
stock email client 4.2 galaxy S3. It is set up properly as it was working until it didnt..

I found a quick fix. changed "number of emails to load" from " all " to 100.... it works now and not sure why "all" makes it not function

Ah ok. Glad you fixed it. If you ever get tired of the stock email app, I use aquamail and maildroid.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=org.kman.AquaMail&token=j3oPNW48

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../apps/details?id=com.maildroid&token=_i8QWqff