1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email notifications not working POP3

Ive got a galaxy S3 and have 4 email accounts on it. hotmail, gmail, pop3.
    My POP3 account notifications dont work. Light or sound. The others work fine.

Synch is on in all places..

I stopped me app and cleared everything and re installed all accounts. That did the trick for 2 days. I havent downloaded any apps or done anything in those 2 days but now its back to not working.

Ive had the phone 2 years and this is the first time its done this....

help!

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: Email notifications not working POP3

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Dee View Post
    Ive got a galaxy S3 and have 4 email accounts on it. hotmail, gmail, pop3.
    My POP3 account notifications dont work. Light or sound. The others work fine.

Synch is on in all places..

I stopped me app and cleared everything and re installed all accounts. That did the trick for 2 days. I havent downloaded any apps or done anything in those 2 days but now its back to not working.

Ive had the phone 2 years and this is the first time its done this....

help!
    Are you sure you have it set up properly and what email client are you using?
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

stock email client 4.2 galaxy S3. It is set up properly as it was working until it didnt..

I found a quick fix. changed "number of emails to load" from " all " to 100.... it works now and not sure why "all" makes it not function

issue with that is once you delete an email an old one loads to keep 100 emails ....
    Last edited by Chuck Dee; 01-28-2014 at 06:58 PM.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Dee View Post
    stock email client 4.2 galaxy S3. It is set up properly as it was working until it didnt..

I found a quick fix. changed "number of emails to load" from " all " to 100.... it works now and not sure why "all" makes it not function
    Ah ok. Glad you fixed it. If you ever get tired of the stock email app, I use aquamail and maildroid.

It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

do those have a notification symbol in the home page and lock screen?