Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3: I need help

I recently got a Galaxy s3 on ebay and after using it for about 15 seconds, the phone screen went blank. When I hit the side button it lights up for a split second, showing the time etc, then goes blank again. I have performed a factory reset, the screen worked perfectly for that, but it didn't help. I've tried the download thing (vol down button + home + power) but a warning pops up for a split second and the screen goes blank again.
    I know I should just ship it back and get a refund, and I will if there is no solution, but I was hoping you guys had some idea of a solution? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: I need help

Yeah something doesn't sound right at all here. If you have the option of a warranty/return I would think about exercising that.
    ffejjj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goodhall View Post
    I know I should just ship it back
    Yep, you should.

It's strange that you were able to boot into Recovery mode (I assume that's where you initiated the Factory Reset?) and that worked ok, but when you booted into Download mode it had the same problem. BTW, are you saying that you went through all of the setup screens after the Factory Reset and it worked normally? (I wonder if they loaded incorrect firmware on this thing.)

Oh well, it should be their problem, not yours. Get that thing returned ASAP!

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yeah it was very strange. I can do the factory reset fine, an get through the initial set up almost everytime, but after that, anywhere from 10 secs to 5hrs, the screen just cuts out and dies. The phone still functions because I have audio for things that I do, but no visual. Anyway it's getting shipped back today. Found another, that claims it's in full working order for just 20 more so fingers crossed.