Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung galaxy S3 Lock on/off issue

I recently got a samasung galaxy s3, the problem is that when i press the lock-on button it takes 2-5 seconds for the screen to pop up.
    It takes the same amount of time (2-5 seconds) if i press the home button.

I've been looking all over the places and couldn't find an answer, maybe some1 can give me some advice.

Default Re: Samsung galaxy s3 Lock on/off issue

Have you installed any software on the phone, or did it act this way from brand new, without any third party software? I suspect this is related to an app, but without removing apps one at a time (and maybe rebooting after each one), it could be hard to track down.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
    Thanked by:

You can try booting into Safe mode (http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...ase.html/59242) and see if that solves the problems. If it does, then something that you've installed is causing the problem.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    You can try booting into Safe mode (Safe Mode - Samsung Galaxy S® III) and see if that solves the problems. If it does, then something that you've installed is causing the problem.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    in safe mode it seems to pop up the screen much faster...i guess you're right, should be some app that is causing the problem.

You may need to wipe the cache partition, do the following:
    1. Turn off the device.
    2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key at the same time.
    3. When the phone vibrates, let go of the buttons.
    4. Press the Volume Down key to move to and highlight wipe cache partition.
    5. Press the Power key to select and wipe the cache partition.
    6. After the wipe is finished, go back up till reboot system now is highlighted and press the Power key to restart the phone.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3
    (No KNOX)