- 2 Posts
Dropped phone still working, besides black screen
The phone still rings when called, and my alarms still go off in the morning. I can mute them with the buttons on the side. It seems to be functional, except I can't use the blacked out touchscreen. It was dropped from a height of ~5 feet onto tile, with a protective cover on. Any possible fixes?
(I don't have insurance. T-Mobile said "We don't do screen replacements" and tried to sell me a new phone. My last one was stolen 1-1/2 months ago, though, so buying this phone was already a large expense. Any recommendations of things to try would be much appreciated.)
- 01-29-2014, 08:33 PM #2
Re: Dropped phone still working, besides black screen
It is possible to buy screen assemblies and replace them yourself. Look on ebay. You'll see some people selling just the OLED display, but replacing it alone is very difficult. The display, touchscreen and glass are all glued together, so it's a lot easier to replace the complete assembly. Not easy, though. If you search Youtube for terms like Galaxy S3 screen replacement you'll see what's involved.
Alternately, there are cell phone repair shops that can replace the screen. Based on some posts I've seen, I think it'll cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $200 to $250 to have it repaired.PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.
Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
- 01-30-2014, 01:11 AM #3
- By Graeme Duncan in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 01-31-2014, 10:39 AM
- By irfaan008 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 1Last Post: 01-31-2014, 12:02 AM
- By losl in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 2Last Post: 01-29-2014, 06:53 PM
- By Ry in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-29-2014, 05:19 PM
- By Note 3 user in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 01-29-2014, 04:31 PM