S3 battery problems

hasaan001

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I've had my s3 for a couple of months now. It has worked fine with no hardware problems at all. Today, I plugged it into a wall charger and the lightning bolt in the battery sign at top-right of the screen came on. But my battery percentage would not increase. Under battery settings, it says charging. What's wrong??

Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
might have a damage cord, charger, or USB port (on the phone).

1) try a different cord
2) try the same charger on a different outlet
3) try a different charger using the outlet you normally use
4) inspect the USB port on the phone. The nub should be centered, not off center. - if it is, GENTLY (using something sturdy but non-metal) bend it back. While you're in there, clean out any junk, pocket lint, or small clowns that may have gotten stuck in there.
5) try charging from your computer's USB port (this will take longer to charge then from the wall charger).

You may also have a defective battery - best way to check it is to simply take it out of the phone and lay it on a flat surface and try to spin it. If it spins easily, chances are good its swollen and rapidly approaching an untimely end - replace it ASAP if this is the case. (A battery that spins is not a 100% accurate way of testing a battery, but in this case it's a quick-and-dirty test that works well enough)

hasaan001

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey thanks.

Yeah I tested all these things and found my USB cable (the one I got with my tab 3) was faulty. Unfortunately I've lost my genuine s3 one haha. I'll have to order a few off eBay :p

Thanks again!

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair