Anti-Radiation/EMF Case for S3? (Can Reduce Chances of Cancer)

androidforum

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
G'day,
I recently read an article where a girl who placed her cellphone in her bra ended up getting breast cancer after a few years on the same breast. Now I'm not a girl, but just to be on the safe side, I want to get an anti-radiation case for my S4. As smart phone technology develops, manufacturers aim for the common denominator to use his/her phone more than usual. And with a myriad of waves being sent back/forth from your device, anything could happen. Just wondering what's your take on this, and where might I be able to find one on a site that ships internationally.
Thanks!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about getting it from your phone. I know I and many others keep my phone in my jean pockets and I don't have cancer of any sort. I'm thinking the phone had something to do with it, but it's likely that something else eventually led to getting breast cancer. I haven't seen any "anti-radiation" cases specifically, but metal cases are the way to go if you're worried it'll penetrate the plastic cases

Posted via Android Central App

androidforum

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, I certainly doubt you are bound to automatically get cancer over the span of a few years, I reckon the process takes place incrementally. You will probably see the effects after a few decades. But, I don't want to wait that long to find out if what is being postulated is true.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
If you block the radiation the phone puts out, you're blocking the radios ability to send (you also would be unable to receive) , which will make your phone useless.

androidforum

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
If you block the radiation the phone puts out, you're blocking the radios ability to send (you also would be unable to receive) , which will make your phone useless.

Talk about stating the obvious... I've heard that the cases have separate signal receptors which minimise the spread that goes to your body.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Talk about stating the obvious... I've heard that the cases have separate signal receptors which minimise the spread that goes to your body.

That claim is absurd.

1. There is currently no evidence that cell phones cause cancer. Plus, we get bombarded by a lot more RF than what our phones put out: Satellite TV and radio, wi-fi, traditional TV and radio broadcasts, GPS satellites, police radar, the radar that automatically opens doors for you at the supermarket, microwave ovens, your cable feed (runs on microwaves), ham radio, CBs from truckers and emergency vehicles, bluetooth (including headsets and fitness devices), cordless phones, wireless chargers, X-Ray machines, CT scans, walkie-talkies, even light bulbs and speakers. To think that the relatively small addition your phone ads to the mix is what pushes you over the edge doesn't hold water.

2. Radiation = Radio waves (aka RF). They are one in the same. Radiation that is proven to damage human cells is called ionizing radiation, and it is found way, way up in the RF spectrum above visible light (i.e., ultraviolet and above). The part of the spectrum used for communications by cell phones is way down in the non-ionizing range. They have made no scientific link between non-ionizing radiation and cancer.

3. Back to the claim that there are cases with additional signal receptors that minimize the RF That goes into your body...That makes no sense at all. Unless it's made of thick lead, it's not happening. These signals go through buildings, which are made of steel, wood, glass, and concrete. Nothing you put on your phone will prevent RF from passing into you. It's true that metal can hamper RF propagation ...Just lot back to the Apple antenna-gate thing. Even if they found some material that stopped RF from hitting you, it would also stop it from communicating with a cell tower.

androidforum

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Well phones have only been around for about 10-15 years so we can;t really come to any feasible conclusions now. Perhaps later on there could be a sharp increase in the number of phone related cancer cases. It's too early, however most of the time my phone is within close proximity of my body so I want to be on the safe side.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Let me ask you these questions:

1. Do you ever go out in the sun without sunscreen?
2. Do you live near or often walk around any major roads without wearing a surgical mask?
3. Do you eat a typical high fat/red meat/low fiber Western diet?
4. Does anyone smoke around you?

The above will give you a higher risk of cancer than your cellphone.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
1. Do you ever go out in the sun without sunscreen?
I live in Arizona - of course I do!
2. Do you live near or often walk around any major roads without wearing a surgical mask?
Yes - do you think I live in China?
3. Do you eat a typical high fat/red meat/low fiber Western diet?
Damn right!
4. Does anyone smoke around you?
Much to my displeasure, but sometimes you can't get away from them!

Guess I'll start planning my funeral...:(

(Ah, the heck with that - let the kids deal with the funeral - I'm going to go eat some red meat and talk on the phone.) :rolleyes:

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I just can't pass up the earlier comment about cell phones being around 10-15 years. Got my first one in 1987...some 27 years ago. Still cancer free (knock knock).

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The problem with any of these cases, even if they DO work (which is doubtful), is that they block radiation in the wrong direction. They go on the BACK of the phone, which normally faces away from you, and do nothing to block signals coming through the FRONT of the phone, which faces your body. So the best they can do is make it harder for the phone to connect to a tower. And what do cell phones do when they have a weak signal? Right, they amp up the power to the antenna. So in effect, you're going to get even more RF radiation through the front of the phone, aimed at your brain, in exchange for possibly reducing RF radiation out the back of the phone, away from you.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

Just about as obvious knowing it's not possible for the kind of case your looking for. In order for a case like that to work, the antennas from the phone would need some sort of contact for the antennas in the case to connect to it would be impossible, especially since each phone puts their antennas if different locations.

Posted with my HTC Droid DNA using the NuSenseONE MAX ROM 5.5/4.4.2 via Android Central App

Leslie Huddart LAc

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,
As a natural health expert, I'd say you're right on track keeping your cellphone away from constant contact with body tissues. I'd also recommend using the speaker phone function as a general rule.

I also just bought a S4 today, so I'm in the market for a new case as well!

A Google search for something like "EMF blocking cases" will bring up a few. The basic premise is that there's an antenna (Strip of metal) inside the case that is supposed to channel more of the radiation away from your head while still addressing the signal issue. "Pong" is one company whose products I've seen on a fellow acupuncturist's phone and cellsafe.com came up on a recent search as well.

There's another layer of products that maybe fall into the more "out there" category as far as their technology goes, but I have used them on devices as well, feeling like they couldn't hurt. They use terms like "scalar" which gets a bit into the realm of energy medicine, so it depends on your openess to that arena. BioPro is one such company and Qlink falls in there as well.

I hope that helps!
Leslie

Acupuncture Portland - Acupuncture Portland OR & Chinese Medicine | Mountain Lake Wellness

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
God people we are all going to die!

Enjoy your phone while you can save your money take your kid to the movies

crowell33

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Ah, the credo of the smoker "we are all gonna die sometime". Last I checked it was still a free country. If people want to exercise, eat healthy, not smoke and use a Pong radiation case ( proven effective in Wired magazine ), I think they should be allowed to. Just my opinion. Ya know, free country and all.

robby333

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey androidforum I read that article too! And saw a report on it. Crazy and scary! I've always been skeptical of the idea that cell phones are totally safe. They put out SAR/EMF and there is going to be a biological reaction to that any way you slice it.

I've been using the Pong radiation deflection case on my iPhone for the past two years and am very happy with it. It redirects the radiation instead of blocking it (which would just result in no signal, a drained battery and possibly even more radiation occurrence due to a depressed signal and the phone working harder). It makes me feel better about having to talk on the phone or even having the phone in my pocket. Also the Pong case was specifically recommended in The 4-Hour Body by Tim Ferris. Not sure if there are any other companies that even try to do what they do let alone measure up, but I could be mistaken.

Anyway I just gave a search and it looks like they make a Pong case for the S3 too. I linked to the Amazon pages where you can buy one (white or charcoal) if interested.

GALAXY S3 - Amazon.com: Pong Rugged Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 - For Verizon, Black with Gold Reveal: Cell Phones & Accessories

GALAXY S3 (white case) - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3743302

Last edited: