Galaxy S3: Odin not detecting phone

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I have Odin 3.07 and have been trying to Root but Odin not detecting the phone. I had USB debugging enabled, disabled Kies and even uninstalled it, have the Samsung USB drivers installed. Nevertheless it failed to detect. I tried every possible thing I could. I'm really fed up of all this. Please help.

Sent from my GSIII

Last edited by a moderator:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Odin not detecting phone

I have Odin 3.07 and have been trying to Root but Odin not detecting the phone. I had USB debugging enabled, disabled Kies and even uninstalled it, have the Samsung USB drivers installed. Nevertheless it failed to detect. I tried every possible thing I could. I'm really fed up of all this. Please help.

Sent from my GSIII
Re-install the drivers, re-download Odin and try different USB ports. Although you have everything installed, often times it takes re-installing for Odin to detect the hardware and work. As unusual as it sounds, something as simple as switching USB ports could solve the problem.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Also try rebooting both the phone and computer. Make sure you're using a USB port on the PC, and not a USB hub, and even try a different USB cable.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Yeah, Odin seems to be really sensitive to the quality of the connection. Even a hint of data errors and Odin says "no way." That's probably good, as a bad flash could brick your phone, but it would be nice if the app told you the data connection wasn't good enough, instead of just ignoring the device.

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah in my case it totally ignored. But I'm glad I had one extra cable of gaalxy Ace that I once borrowed from friend. May be it worked bceasue it was smal km cable that was seocifically meant for the usb unlike todays usb chargers.

Sent from my GSIII

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
seocifically meant for the usb unlike todays usb chargers.
Many USB charger cables are just that - meant for charging, not for data connections. The manufacturers skimp on cost wherever they can. You'll often see that one pin is missing in a charge-only cable.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

jxsilicon9

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site

Sent from my GSIII
Had the same problem trying to root my Note 2. Basically you need a good quality OEM cable. I tried generic microusb and they didn't work. I couldn't find my samsung microusb cable so I used a motorola one and it worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol