1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3: Odin not detecting phone

I have Odin 3.07 and have been trying to Root but Odin not detecting the phone. I had USB debugging enabled, disabled Kies and even uninstalled it, have the Samsung USB drivers installed. Nevertheless it failed to detect. I tried every possible thing I could. I'm really fed up of all this. Please help.

Sent from my GSIII
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-01-2014 at 10:57 PM.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Odin not detecting phone

Quote Originally Posted by chirag05 View Post
    I have Odin 3.07 and have been trying to Root but Odin not detecting the phone. I had USB debugging enabled, disabled Kies and even uninstalled it, have the Samsung USB drivers installed. Nevertheless it failed to detect. I tried every possible thing I could. I'm really fed up of all this. Please help.

Sent from my GSIII
    Re-install the drivers, re-download Odin and try different USB ports. Although you have everything installed, often times it takes re-installing for Odin to detect the hardware and work. As unusual as it sounds, something as simple as switching USB ports could solve the problem.

Also try rebooting both the phone and computer. Make sure you're using a USB port on the PC, and not a USB hub, and even try a different USB cable.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Using different USB cable worked.

Sent from my GSIII

Yeah, Odin seems to be really sensitive to the quality of the connection. Even a hint of data errors and Odin says "no way." That's probably good, as a bad flash could brick your phone, but it would be nice if the app told you the data connection wasn't good enough, instead of just ignoring the device.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Default Re: Galaxy S3: Odin not detecting phone

Yeah in my case it totally ignored. But I'm glad I had one extra cable of gaalxy Ace that I once borrowed from friend. May be it worked bceasue it was smal km cable that was seocifically meant for the usb unlike todays usb chargers.

Sent from my GSIII

Default Re: Galaxy S3: Odin not detecting phone

Quote Originally Posted by chirag05 View Post
    seocifically meant for the usb unlike todays usb chargers.
    Many USB charger cables are just that - meant for charging, not for data connections. The manufacturers skimp on cost wherever they can. You'll often see that one pin is missing in a charge-only cable.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro