I have Odin 3.07 and have been trying to Root but Odin not detecting the phone. I had USB debugging enabled, disabled Kies and even uninstalled it, have the Samsung USB drivers installed. Nevertheless it failed to detect. I tried every possible thing I could. I'm really fed up of all this. Please help.

Sent from my GSIII
    02-01-2014 09:44 AM
    I have Odin 3.07 and have been trying to Root but Odin not detecting the phone. I had USB debugging enabled, disabled Kies and even uninstalled it, have the Samsung USB drivers installed. Nevertheless it failed to detect. I tried every possible thing I could. I'm really fed up of all this. Please help.

Sent from my GSIII
    Re-install the drivers, re-download Odin and try different USB ports. Although you have everything installed, often times it takes re-installing for Odin to detect the hardware and work. As unusual as it sounds, something as simple as switching USB ports could solve the problem.
    02-01-2014 10:00 AM
    Also try rebooting both the phone and computer. Make sure you're using a USB port on the PC, and not a USB hub, and even try a different USB cable.
    02-01-2014 10:21 AM
    Using different USB cable worked.

Sent from my GSIII
    02-01-2014 04:23 PM
    Yeah, Odin seems to be really sensitive to the quality of the connection. Even a hint of data errors and Odin says "no way." That's probably good, as a bad flash could brick your phone, but it would be nice if the app told you the data connection wasn't good enough, instead of just ignoring the device.
    02-01-2014 10:05 PM
    Yeah in my case it totally ignored. But I'm glad I had one extra cable of gaalxy Ace that I once borrowed from friend. May be it worked bceasue it was smal km cable that was seocifically meant for the usb unlike todays usb chargers.

Sent from my GSIII
    02-02-2014 04:17 AM
    seocifically meant for the usb unlike todays usb chargers.
    Many USB charger cables are just that - meant for charging, not for data connections. The manufacturers skimp on cost wherever they can. You'll often see that one pin is missing in a charge-only cable.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    02-02-2014 01:11 PM

Sent from my GSIII
    Had the same problem trying to root my Note 2. Basically you need a good quality OEM cable. I tried generic microusb and they didn't work. I couldn't find my samsung microusb cable so I used a motorola one and it worked.
    07-17-2014 02:41 PM