1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 stuck on logo screen

My phone decided to reboot itself yesterday and is now stuck on the logo screen!
    When I press the volume button down, along with the home and power buttons it takes me to a screen that gives me 2 options:

1) To press up and do a Custom OS.
    2) To press down and restart phone.

When I press option 1 it then goes to a page where a green "Android" is displayed along with the words "downloading...do not turn off target" - it then remains on this screen for as long as you leave it, doing nothing!

When I press option 2 the screen goes black and then reverts to being stuck on the Samsung logo screen!

Please help. Thanks Rachel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy S3 stuck on logo screen-dsc00025.jpg  

Global Posts
    13,891 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 stuck on logo screen

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Fairbrother View Post
    My phone decided to reboot itself yesterday and is now stuck on the logo screen!
    When I press the volume button down, along with the home and power buttons it takes me to a screen that gives me 2 options:

1) To press up and do a Custom OS.
    2) To press down and restart phone.

When I press option 1 it then goes to a page where a green "Android" is displayed along with the words "downloading...do not turn off target" - it then remains on this screen for as long as you leave it, doing nothing!

When I press option 2 the screen goes black and then reverts to being stuck on the Samsung logo screen!

Please help. Thanks Rachel
    Welcome to the forums.
    I would suggest to pull the battery for a few minutes, and reboot into recovery, and clear the cache. Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    If that doesn't work, do the same process of rebooting, and do a factory reset.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    If that doesn't work, do the same process of rebooting, and do a factory reset.
    Rachel, it should be mentioned that if you perform a Factory Reset, you'll lose any content (pictures, videos, music, etc) stored on the phone's internal memory. You'll also have to go through the setup process like you did when you took the phone out of the box.

If you have your information synced with Google then your contacts and calendar will be okay, but everything else (SMS/MMS, call logs, Home screen layout, etc) will be gone.

Not saying that you shouldn't do this - just want you to be aware of the consequences.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Global Posts
    13,891 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Rachel, it should be mentioned that if you perform a Factory Reset, you'll lose any content (pictures, videos, music, etc) stored on the phone's internal memory. You'll also have to go through the setup process like you did when you took the phone out of the box.

If you have your information synced with Google then your contacts and calendar will be okay, but everything else (SMS/MMS, call logs, Home screen layout, etc) will be gone.

Not saying that you shouldn't do this - just want you to be aware of the consequences.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    I keep forgetting about that part. Very sound advice.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here