Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 won't turn on

I know there have been similar posts but none that really fit. My galaxy s3 battery was about 3% so I plugged it in but the battery still died. Now it won't register that the charger is plugged in. It won't turn on. I've taken the battery out for a while and no help. Won't go into recovery mode but will go into download mode. If I reboot from download mode, the phone reboots, turns on, registers the charger but doesn't charge and dies within seconds.

It's a brand new charger that works fine with my tablet. The battery is about a month old, replaced it because of countless probs that turned out to be nothing to do with the battery. Anything I can do to fix it? I'll be gutted if I have to reset because I've got a couple of things not backed up that I really need. But a reset beats a dead phone :\

Default Re: Galaxy S3 won't turn on

Your problem could be because of using a tablet charger with your phone. I'm no expert but sounds like it. Might not be but it gives a different output etc.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Galaxy S3 won't turn on

I'm using my phone charger. I just mean I know the charger is not knackered because it will charge my tablet fine.