Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Samsung Galaxy 3s keeps shutting off after a few minutes??

Ok so I turn on my phone and it comes up just fine but after a few minutes if I use it of not it just restarts and it won't connect to internet either. I really dont wanna factory reset is there anything I can do? It started by when I went to Snapchat and it kept not responding then when I went to setting it wouldn't respond either is there anyway for me to fix this??? Please help! Any help at all will be appreciated!!

Global Posts
    22,140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Sprint Samsung Galaxy 3s keeps shutting off after a few minutes??

Quote Originally Posted by Xander Itsraining Waffles View Post
    Ok so I turn on my phone and it comes up just fine but after a few minutes if I use it of not it just restarts and it won't connect to internet either. I really dont wanna factory reset is there anything I can do? It started by when I went to Snapchat and it kept not responding then when I went to setting it wouldn't respond either is there anyway for me to fix this??? Please help! Any help at all will be appreciated!!
    Welcome to the forums.
    I would suggest rebooting into recovery and clearing cache. See if that helps. Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It didn't seem to work! I did everything it said to do but when I turned it on after a couple minutes it went back to the android sign and went back to lock screen and keeps doing it.

Global Posts
    22,140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

It didn't seem to work! I did everything it said to do but when I turned it on after a couple minutes it went back to the android sign and went back to lock screen and keeps doing it.
    OK. Try taking the battery out. Place it on a flat surface like the kitchen table with no tablecloth, and try to spin it. If it does, the battery is swollen and needs to be replaced.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Sorry what do you mean by spin it? ;3; Just like try and spin it in a circle..?

Sorry what do you mean by spin it?
    While it's laying on a flat surface, flip one corner of the battery to try to get it to rotate around the center point of the battery.

If the battery is bulging slightly it'll spin quite easily, which indicates that the battery is starting to go bad. If you can force it to spin but it's clear that it's laying flat, then it's on to other possible problems.

If you leave the phone connected to the charger, does this same rebooting behavior occur?

If the battery isn't the problem you are facing a Factory Reset, or a firmware reload, so your best bet is to backup anything important in preparation for that. You can use the Kies software on your computer to backup most things - if the phone continues to have restart issues, just backup one item at a time (Messages; Call Logs; TouchWiz settings; etc).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    Golfdriver97 likes this.