Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default pink screen tint

I went to see the super bowl at a theater turned my screen brightness lower with ap so not to bug people now my text look highlighted in pink
    pink screen tint-20140204_181814-1.jpg

Default Re: pink screen tint

Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying you dimmed your screen with a 3rd party app? What happens if you turn off that app? Or force close it? Or reboot?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the welcome and Yea n app from the play store im 99% its what it was because i turned my brightness back and that pink stayed . I havent rebooted and have uninstalled it
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Bump?

You didn't mention if you tried rebooting yet (you said you haven't rebooted).
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Havent rebooted yet trying to figure out how to not erase all my pictures

Rebooting won't erase your pictures. Rebooting means to power your phone down completely, then powering it back up again. You're thinking of a factory data reset.

If a reboot doesn't work, try a system cache partition wipe, which won't erase any personal data or settings: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Just did both and no go

Can you provide a link to the app that seems to have caused this problem?
    Have you tried uninstalling the app?

You could try booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...ase.html/59242 and see if the problem goes away.

Edit: I've used this app before with good results Screen Filter: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.haxor

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Safe mode on and still pink. And thats the app in question that I used

Is the whole screen in pink now, regardless of whether you're at a Home screen or in a different app, or is it just the Messaging app that appears in pink?

If the former, do the Recovery mode and Download mode screens also appear pink?
    - if so, then it's a really weird coincidence, but it sounds like your screen is going bad
    - if not, it's time for a Factory Reset

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    B. Diddy likes this.