Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry S3 will not turn on

Samsung s3: About 2 and a half weeks ago my phone keep turning off constantly, then i went to rebooting mode ( volume up, home, power button ), and restated it from there. It worked after that, now just today it was working fine until it all of a sudden turned off and wont turn back on... I tried taking battery out leaving it out for a couple minutes then put it back in then charged it... still nothing.. and it wont even let me get in to the rebooting phase.

Global Posts
    24,821 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: S3 will not turn on

Quote Originally Posted by bertschie View Post
    Samsung s3: About 2 and a half weeks ago my phone keep turning off constantly, then i went to rebooting mode ( volume up, home, power button ), and restated it from there. It worked after that, now just today it was working fine until it all of a sudden turned off and wont turn back on... I tried taking battery out leaving it out for a couple minutes then put it back in then charged it... still nothing.. and it wont even let me get in to the rebooting phase.
    Try taking the battery out and placing on a flat surface like a table without a tablecloth, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it is bulged, and needs to be replaced.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Default Re: S3 will not turn on

Quote Originally Posted by bertschie View Post
    then put it back in then charged it
    With the phone off, when you connect the charger do you see the battery graphic, followed by the current battery level and charging graphic?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro