samsung galaxy s3 flash memory

Aska Musa

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
i have problem with my phone, i take it service. they said it has flash memory problem . it s diffucult to mend it and all informations in my phone will be deleted . is there any way to keep all things or recover somehow ..? thanks beforehand :'(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry to hear about the problem. What kind of data are you trying to back up? Is any of it on an external microSD card. If so, Unmount the card (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and insert it into your computer so you can copy all of the data there.

If the data is on the phone's Internal Storage, then is the phone still able to connect to your computer using the USB cable? If so, try to copy your files over that way. If you're unable to access data in Internal Storage due to the bad flash memory, then I'm afraid you're probably out of luck.

If all of your Contacts and Calendar events were linked to Google, then they should restore easily.

Aska Musa

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
unfortunately phone is at the service and also it was imposible to switch on .. i want to know can i use my account and take files or after they will mend it can i recover :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Except for information that was already linked to your Google account (like Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Contacts, Google Drive, etc.) or other cloud services (like Dropbox), you won't be able to access anything on your phone remotely. And if the repair store has to wipe the phone, then you'll lose anything that was locally stored on it. Sorry!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1