- 1 Posts
Operating system update - lost notifications.
I live in Australia and updated my operating system last week. Since doing so none of my alerts come through when I am on mobile data, only when I'm connected to a wifi network. This is for all apps. Given I live in a Bushfire prone area and have an app to alert me to any issues within 50ks this is critical. It's also for other apps like Facebook. When I get home and my phone logs in to the wifi network, I get the whole day of alerts at once. I've checked the settings for each app and all are correct.
Also my phone previously learnt all the words I typed that weren't in the dictionary but they have all gone now and it doesn't seem to be learning them.
Any ideas how to fix?
- 02-06-2014, 12:35 PM #2
- 4,699 Posts
Re: Operating system update - lost notifications.
And you've confirmed that your mobile data is turned on AND has a good connection?
Did you happen to restrict background data? (Settings -> Connections -> Data usage -> Menu button -> Restrict background data?
If it doesn't remember any of the words that it learnt you may as well go in and clear the data and then see if it starts learning again.
Finally, if you haven't cleared the system cache in Recovery mode since the update, that would be a good thing to do. And I'd recommend performing a Factory Reset (after you backup/sync any important information) - that seems to take care of most of these niggling issues after a major update.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
- By yobplsx in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 6Last Post: 02-07-2014, 08:14 PM
- By Charles Martin2 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 10Last Post: 02-06-2014, 10:27 PM
- By Golfdriver97 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 6Last Post: 02-05-2014, 10:06 PM
- By Steve1163 in forum Vodafone Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 5Last Post: 02-05-2014, 09:50 PM
- By Pete7874 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 2Last Post: 02-05-2014, 09:12 PM