1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SMS delivery failure due to SMS not valid for more than 5 mins

I am an engineer working for a mobile phone company so bit of an expert when it comes to SMS routing.
    What I have seen is that since recently my S3 is sending SMS with a validity period of 5 mins. This means if I send an SMS to phone that is off our out of coverage then the SMSC does not try to deliver it after 5 mins.
    If I send from my nokia I can set miximum time and it is OK.
    The only think I installed recently was chomp SMS but I cannot find any setting there.
    So how do I change the SMS validity period on my android?

Default Re: SMS delivery failure due to SMS not valid for more than 5 mins

Quote Originally Posted by Tony s3 View Post
    So how do I change the SMS validity period on my android?
    I have no idea, but if the problem started when you installed Chomp SMS then perhaps you should uninstall it and see if the desired behavior returns?

If you asked this question over on the XDA forums someone familiar with the OS might be able to answer your question.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Default Re: SMS delivery failure due to SMS not valid for more than 5 mins

I haven't seen a validity period option on anything but blackberry. I assume Android apps are just letting it default to the carriers max time.

What's the built-in app doing? I guess Chomp could be including the parameter with a hard coded value that got clobbered during install--perhaps delete and reinstall? Definitely shoot the developer an email and please let us know the outcome--there's been a few times an override would have been nice.