10-04-2015 02:21 PM
- I've seen a number of forums with similar problems but no solutions. I left my phone on charge last night, after listening to some music, and woke up to it being totally off. I tried to turn it on but to no avail, it won't even show the charging icon. It did occasionally do a little vibrate, the kind it does when holding down the power button to turn it off and such, sometimes but after I took the battery out for a bit and put it back in again it won't do that any longer.
I took the battery out for a minute or two, then put it back in and still won't turn on. Now it won't do anything.
If anyone has any solutions that are known to help, help a friend out. Cheers02-06-2014 05:56 AM
- The problem is with the battery, its dead. Try talking to someone and let them allow you to try the battery on your Samsung and see whether it turns on.
There's something also that you should avoid;using and charging your android device simultaneously..don't listen to music or play games while charging your phone(any other for that matter) the process drains the battery, this is because the power being used by your device is more than the power feeding it during charging.I remember when I used to have this problem, i would lick the battery terminal and the battery would function again,thinking it was helpful but rather a ruin to my device's battery because that short circuits the battery..the more you do this the more your battery life's reduced.Try getting a new battery and charge it for the specified time on purchase(about 6 hours) and never play music or games on your device while charging you will see a good side of having Samsung.02-06-2014 06:16 AM
- It would be rather unusual for the battery on an S3 Mini to be dead already - seems like the phone has only been out for a few months.
I'll also have to respectfully disagree with the previous poster - I use my phone all the time when it's charging and haven't seen any detrimental effects from doing so.
Regarding the basic problem - if the phone isn't showing the battery graphic when you connect the charger, that's a bad sign. You could try booting into Recovery mode or Download mode just to see what happens:
- you use Recovery mode to clear the system cache and to Factory Reset
- you use Download (aka Odin) mode (showing the Android guy) to load/reload firmware
- the key sequences to enter both modes are very similar, and they are timing dependent so it may take a few tries to get it working
-- Recovery = Volume Up + Home + Power
-- Download = Volume Down + Home + Power
- for either, you start with the phone completely off
- press and hold the required keys simultaneously, and release them all when you see the swirling logo (not the static white text)
Try Recovery mode first (use the Volume rockers to navigate; use the Power button to select) and if it boots into this mode just clear the cache and then restart. If the phone doesn't boot normally then try Download mode.
If the phone doesn't respond to either of those methods it's time to take it in to your place of purchase or your local carrier store.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro02-06-2014 11:34 AM
- I generally don't listen whilst charging but it's quite possible I may have then. Still seems odd, I'm sure I'd topped it up to full battery. Tuesday it had run dry though, but this happened at some point in the early hours of Thursday morning.
Hopefully this helps thanks a lot. Was gonna wait to try and go to a store but a new battery will more than likely solve it02-06-2014 06:18 PM
- Currently neither mode will work.
I did manage to take the battery out, then put it in and it charged a bit earlier. However I didn't let it complete and once it had got to 15% it stopped again.
Will try out these in the morning though and let you know the results, thanks02-06-2014 06:21 PM
- Hmm, well it should still be under warranty - you may have to get a replacement.
You could try taking the battery, SIM card and SD card (if present) out; leave the battery out for ten minutes and then reinsert it (not the SIM or SD); then try turning it on.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro02-06-2014 09:23 PM
- My Galaxy S3 was dead. Held the power button and got a short vibrate. I tried several chargers, wall, USB, freezing the battery, all to no avail. Put my wife's battery in and worked just fine. Thought the battery was junk so bought a new one-Batteries plus in stock. That worked fine until it was time to recharge and noticed the battery indicator did not show a charge. Wiggled the mini USB all around and occasionally got a charge indicator. After close inspection, seems the charging port on the phone got recessed into the casing and proper contact is not occurring. Took off the back cover and removed the tiny screws to pull out the contact very gently and resecured the screws. Works fine but being a little more careful about jamming the USB plug into the phone!03-11-2014 06:14 PMLike 1
- I have the same phone and a few weeks back my phone just turned off and would not come back on. i left it charging all night and still nothing happened. I then tried to turn it on again at about 3 o'clock and it was perfectly fine. The it happened again last night and i have left it charging all night, IT WONT TURN ON SO I CANNOT REFRESH IT IN ANY WAY. so if this is the first time this has happened try it later in the day if not then sorry you are reading for no reason xxxx03-21-2014 01:24 AM
- Welcome to the forums!
What is it that you're expecting to 'open'?
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk05-30-2014 01:52 AM
- Welcome to the forums!
- what model number/carrier/firmware?
- what do you mean by 'dead'? Does it power on but freeze during the boot cycle? No vibration/lights/LED?
- if you connect a charger do you see the battery graphic showing the current battery level and charging activity?
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk06-07-2014 03:10 PM
- hey guys, i'm having similar issues. i tried charging my phone last night, and it wasnt charging properly, hence i thought i'll try it in the morning. and now it just wont even turn on. i tried different plugs, i tried the charger that came with the phone and the usb chord connected to the lap top.
it turned on the first time. showed 0% charge and got switched off. after that i got a few vibrates and the spinning symbol but it didnt move and went away within a few seconds. also i might have dropped the phone yesterday, could that have also caused this? let me know thanks!06-11-2014 01:18 AM
- Welcome to the forums!
I'd recommend removing the battery for a few minutes, then reinsert it and connect a charger (do NOT attempt to power it on). Just leave it plugged in overnight and then try to turn it on.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk06-12-2014 01:47 PM
- my s3 mini has stopped working.I was staying at a friends place and ran my phone down to about 10%then plugged it in and left it to charge over night in the morning i unplugged it and the lock screen screen lit up but i just put it in my pocket and about 5 minutes later tried to use it and there was no response07-18-2014 07:36 AM
- Welcome to the forums!
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk07-18-2014 10:51 AM
- Me and my friends tried to root my samsung s3 mini GT i8200 and it didn't want to work eventually we plugged the phone into his PC and we wanted to back it up but the computer said update phone so we clicked on that than i said we must save my music and pictures on the PC than he formatted the phone and It switched off and turned on by itself and it does not go further......it just stays by the place where it writes samsung s3 mini GT i820007-29-2014 11:24 AM
- Welcome to the forums!
Did he format the SD card somehow?
Can you provide a link to the root instructions that you were following?
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk07-29-2014 06:56 PM
- I had the same problem My phone was 3/4 charged. I could not turn it off even. just the red indicator was on. I tried different plug ins in my apt. This has happened twice. Took it to Fido where his charger worked.This time however I thought of something else. I believe the problem is contacts. So I took a wee drop of Dielectric tune -up grease and put on the plug in area. Plugged it in. Held the on /off button and it works fine now. I got a hint from one of the other posts that it could be not making contact. You can possibly use mineral oil, or maybe even Canola oil, who knows for sure about these things02-03-2015 02:02 PM
- The battery might be almost dead. My S3 mini suddenly stopped charging and when I plugged it in to charge it would vibrate as if it was registering I had just plugged it in, but it wouldn't charge. Eventually the battery completely died over a couple of days and it wouldn't switch on.
Today I took it back to the store I bought it from (it was still under warranty) and explained the problem to a member of staff. He told me the battery might be so dead it wouldn't even charge! Sounds unbelievable, right? He took the battery out of the phone and charged it in a machine they keep in the store (02 store) which apparently can charge a cell phone battery in 8 mins! He said he thought that it just needed a "jump start" as it had reached a point where it was so dead it wouldn't charge normally. He charged it in the store to about 25% for me and I left it to charge for a few hours when I got home (as it was now charging) and so far so good! Problem (hopefully) solved in 30mins! I use a lot of Samsung tablets at work and a few weeks ago I sent a tablet to Samsung for repair as it wouldn't switch on or charge and they said the same thing - that the battery was at a point where it needed a "jump start" and then to be charged for a few hours.
If the battery won't charge at all, either try a new battery (eBay or Amazon are good places to look for cheap batteries. Make sure to get a genuine Samsung with NFC capability. The NFC receiver is in the battery!) or take it in to the store where you bought it, or your carrier's store (02, Vodafone, etc) and explain the problem and see if they can help.
Hope this helps guys!
So the problem seemed to be fixed and the battery charged like normal a couple of times, but after 5 days the battery is refusing to charge again and is slowly dying... I've plugged it in to a charger (genuine one that came with the phone) and it says "charging" on the screen so it's registering that it's plugged in, but the battery is losing charge. I've bought another battery from eBay so will update this when it arrives as hopefully that will solve the problem.02-13-2015 03:33 PM
- By Linda Djohan in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 2Last Post: 02-14-2016, 06:31 PM
- By jr s in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 04-29-2014, 04:26 AM
- By LoadedZen in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 22Last Post: 02-16-2014, 08:56 AM
- By CrouchyCFC in forum HTC One M7Replies: 31Last Post: 02-11-2014, 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD