Gallery slow and can't scroll without "selection boxes" appearing

KrystalRavnos

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
So suddenly my gallery is extremely slow when loading up, painfully so. But the most annoying thing is that when I try to scroll through my pics these "selection boxes" come up on all the pictures, in the upper right corner of each, and whatever pic I touched to start scrolling down is "selected". Did I do something somewhere to cause this? I don't want to select multiple pics, I just want to scroll and tap to open like before. I'm not seeing anything in settings. It's driving me batty!

I posted this on the wrong forum a bit ago, and wiping the partition drive was suggested along with instructions. I did that and it did not help this issue, so I'm posting in this forum as instructed :)

Galaxy S3 running 4.3

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
wiping the partition drive was suggested along with instructions
Uh, do you mean clearing the system cache in Recovery mode?

Anyway, to your problem - have you tried clearing the application cache for the Gallery app?
Do you have any other Gallery apps installed?
Are your pictures being saved on an SD card or the internal memory? If the former, it's possible that something is corrupted on the SD card and is causing the long delays.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

KrystalRavnos

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, that is what I meant! Partition cache I think is how it was phrased to me. I have cleared the app cache as well. The stock gallery is the only app I use for images. My pics were initially stored on an SC card, but it got full and transferred to saving onto the phone. My husband has a new SD card to put in but hasn't had a chance yet.
I will look into there being a corrupted image, thanks! There are quite a few images saved so that's definitely possible.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
My pics were initially stored on an SC card, but it got full and transferred to saving onto the phone.
How much free space is remaining on the phone (look in Settings -> Storage if you're not sure)? When internal memory drops to a couple of GB remaining, bad things start happening.

If the SD card got full, you must have lots of pictures - I'd hate for you to lose them accidentally.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca