Help! Camera files overwritten by sync while charging

Mark Jones13

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I always charge this phone by plugging it into my Dell laptop. Yeah there is that annoying dialog that asks me what I want to do, that I usually just close out. Somehow a sync happened and every media file on my laptop is now showing on the phone in gallery view and my camera images are not visible in camera or gallery view. I put my SD card in a card reader and I see all my photos in the folder called DCIM. How to get them to show up in camera and gallery view on the phone again. I really don't want to see all the JPG memes I've done a Save As while on Facebook on my phone.

Last edited:

Mark Jones13

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
With SD card removed, I viewed all the files Gallery is showing. Besides files from my laptop, there is every image I have uploaded to Facebook, plus Instagram. The Galaxy S3 must have substantial phone storage in addition to a slot for an SD card. Though my camera photos aren't gone, they are on the SD card, I want them to show in the thumbnail bar in image preview mode when I am in Camera app. I know I didn't change any setting prior to seeing that message on my laptop saying my phone was syncing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12