1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to use a stock Verizon Galaxy S3 (sch-1535) with prepaid service from another carrier?

[B][SIZE=3][FONT=Verdana][COLOR="#4B0082"]Okay, in 2012 I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S3 from Best Buy. This stock SCH-1535 was initially a verizon phone when I had a contract which I no longer have...I now want to switch to a less costly carrier, such as Straight Talk, now that my contract has (finally) ended. It has a clean esn since there is NO money owed to Verizon but I don't understand why I can't switch the CDMA to a GSM network since my S3 has a sim card slot. I have recently acquired a month of Straight Talk service to use on the AT&T 4G LTE network (which I have confirmed that I have excellent coverage in my area) and I have managed to upgrade my S3 to android 4.3 and changed my access point names around but it still won't allow my mms or internet to work properly. I occasionally get excited just to catch a glimpse of Edge 2G network on my phone as this is a rare commodity with my current network situation. I have even gone to the extent of doing all of the additional leg-work and even went to Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Cellular Renewal, and Best Buy - Evidently Nobody at any of these retail wireless stores are willing to help me at all...I have searched and searched on hundreds of forums over the last two months to pinpoint a similar situation that I can try to remedy myself but unfortunately I have yet to find my solution. Therefore, I have resorted to joining my very first forum right here on androidcentral to see if I can finally come to an end of fighting this losing battle of the cdma vs. gsm configurations as I still don't fully understand how they work. I honestly don't know what else I can do to get my phone to work and I'm afraid that I may turn it into a mobile brick if I attempt to root it or flash it. Can anybody help me please?

Default Re: How to use a stock Verizon Galaxy S3 (sch-1535) with prepaid service from another carrier?

I can't even get my sg3 to work on straight talk with a T-Mobile or AT&T sim and I have great AT&T coverage in my area but nope my phone just won't work

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: How to use a stock Verizon Galaxy S3 (sch-1535) with prepaid service from another carrier?

Verizon S3 to Straight Talk
    Verizon S3 to Straight Talk

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Im having the same problelm. Have you found a soulion?

I tested a Tmobile sim on my Verizon s3 and it was able to get voice and data (edge) signal

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro