1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where Does My Galaxy S3 Store App Data?

I have a app (apk file) that I wrote myself. Installed it after selecting "allow installation of apps from sources other then the play store". I had it previous installed the same app (same apk file) on my LG Optimus Slider (Android OS v2.3 Gingerbread). When on the LG phone my app saves its data to a directory on the SD Card called \myprogram. I installed the same app on my Galaxy S3 and cannot not find this directory. I looked everywhere including /storage/emulated/0 and /storage/extSdCard and cannot find it. My program works great on the S3 so the directory must exist somewhere, all data is being saved. Anyone more familiar with this phone tell me where I can find my program's data? It seems it would be a simple task to find it but I done searches with a file manager program with no luck. Maybe the program data is compressed somewhere?

Thanks
    Par

Default Re: Where Does My Galaxy S3 Store App Data?

Is it possible its being saved under /storage/Android/ or storage/media/

Look around, you would be surprised where things get tucked away at under sub directories.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Quote Originally Posted by parry4 View Post
    I have a app (apk file) that I wrote myself. Installed it after selecting "allow installation of apps from sources other then the play store". I had it previous installed the same app (same apk file) on my LG Optimus Slider (Android OS v2.3 Gingerbread). When on the LG phone my app saves its data to a directory on the SD Card called \myprogram. I installed the same app on my Galaxy S3 and cannot not find this directory. I looked everywhere including /storage/emulated/0 and /storage/extSdCard and cannot find it. My program works great on the S3 so the directory must exist somewhere, all data is being saved. Anyone more familiar with this phone tell me where I can find my program's data? It seems it would be a simple task to find it but I done searches with a file manager program with no luck. Maybe the program data is compressed somewhere?

Thanks
    Par
    Look under storage/android/data
    Or, system/data/data.

Enviado do meu HTCSensation através de Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I looked everywhere with no luck. Found a better file search app and it couldn't find it either. I'm now thinking it may be saving the data in my apk file that installed the app. Going to copy back to my computer and take a look inside it.

Quote Originally Posted by parry4 View Post
    Going to copy back to my computer and take a look inside it.
    Don't you have the source code for the app? That should tell you everything you need to know.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro