- 1 Posts
Samsung galaxy s3 screen problems (probably software)
Please look at attachments
I recently bought a Samsung galaxy s3 gt-i9305t second hand from a friend for rather cheap because it was kind of broken, the sim card reader was bork and the screen was kinda weird in a (from what I can tell) quite unique way.
He said he hadn't dropped it or anything but it just started acting up one day
What leads me to beleive that this is software is that,
1. how could somthing like this even be the screen
2. no visable damage
3. screen problems show up on screenshots
4. some times it doesn't even do it (when in camera and while booting up)
Could someone please help me diagnose and maybe cure this problem
I've already tried factory resetting it and flashing it from a stock bios i got online (through odin)
Both times nothing changed.
So confused please help
P.S. the phone status says it's modified but the previous owner admitted to never having tampered with it
P.P.S Screenshot says the problem is occurring in camera too but is not visible on screen
P.P.P.S the bug seems to flicker all over the place whenever the screen updates
- 02-13-2014, 02:46 PM #2
- 02-13-2014, 06:21 PM #3
- 6,973 Posts
Re: Samsung galaxy s3 screen problems (probably software)
You'll want to select the correct carrier, download that firmware and install it using Odin v3.07, perform a Factory Reset and cache wipe and then see what the phone status says.
Does the phone have the stock Recovery?
Do you see the problem in both Recovery and Download mode?
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
- By dpbayly in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 02-20-2014, 01:06 PM
- By sberry11 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 3Last Post: 02-14-2014, 01:05 AM
- By bulletbrain56 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 02-13-2014, 06:47 PM
- By Adam Ringel in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 02-13-2014, 06:31 PM
- By bagasrawala in forum Samsung Galaxy GrandReplies: 1Last Post: 02-13-2014, 10:43 AM