Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Samsung galaxy s3 screen problems (probably software)

Please look at attachments
    I recently bought a Samsung galaxy s3 gt-i9305t second hand from a friend for rather cheap because it was kind of broken, the sim card reader was bork and the screen was kinda weird in a (from what I can tell) quite unique way.
    He said he hadn't dropped it or anything but it just started acting up one day
    What leads me to beleive that this is software is that,
    1. how could somthing like this even be the screen
    2. no visable damage
    3. screen problems show up on screenshots
    4. some times it doesn't even do it (when in camera and while booting up)
    Could someone please help me diagnose and maybe cure this problem
    I've already tried factory resetting it and flashing it from a stock bios i got online (through odin)
    Both times nothing changed.
    So confused please help

P.S. the phone status says it's modified but the previous owner admitted to never having tampered with it
    P.P.S Screenshot says the problem is occurring in camera too but is not visible on screen
    P.P.P.S the bug seems to flicker all over the place whenever the screen updates
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Samsung galaxy s3 screen problems (probably software)-1939936_10203344470915012_1328643824_n.jpg   Samsung galaxy s3 screen problems (probably software)-1926639_10203344471395024_1257154100_n.jpg   Samsung galaxy s3 screen problems (probably software)-1597134_10203344470394999_1361600664_o.jpg  

Default Re: Samsung galaxy s3 screen problems (probably software)

If you've flashed a complete new ROM via Odin (and you're sure it was the right ROM), and it's still doing this, I'm afraid it sounds like a hardware issue.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Default Re: Samsung galaxy s3 screen problems (probably software)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldon River View Post
    the phone status says it's modified
    Perhaps your friend modified it and perhaps he didn't, but the phone status doesn't lie. Your first job is to flash the correct firmware for your model/carrier/region - if we assume that you're in Australia then it should be listed here http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9305T

You'll want to select the correct carrier, download that firmware and install it using Odin v3.07, perform a Factory Reset and cache wipe and then see what the phone status says.

Does the phone have the stock Recovery?
    Do you see the problem in both Recovery and Download mode?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro