1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need Help!!! Accidently washed my samsung galaxy s3!!

I accidently washed my samsung galaxy s3, and i just found out my s3 was in there when i was taking my clothes to go dry. And when i took the s3 out, opened it, dried it, and placed the phone in rice. After a couple hours i turned the phone back on and the phone turned on, everything works. But the screen keeps flashing, and it's darkened but i can still see the screen and everything and when i turn it off and turn it back on my speaker makes a staticky noise for a while. Does anyone know how long will my phone turn back to normal? or do I have to go get a new one?

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.4 KitKat

Default Re: Need Help!!! Accidently washed my samsung galaxy s3!!

Quote Originally Posted by marbletsab View Post
    I accidently washed my samsung galaxy s3, and i just found out my s3 was in there when i was taking my clothes to go dry. And when i took the s3 out, opened it, dried it, and placed the phone in rice. After a couple hours i turned the phone back on and the phone turned on, everything works. But the screen keeps flashing, and it's darkened but i can still see the screen and everything and when i turn it off and turn it back on my speaker makes a staticky noise for a while. Does anyone know how long will my phone turn back to normal? or do I have to go get a new one?
    Turn it off and pull the battery allow it to dry for 24 hours at least.(Including the battery) Using the methods you have been using. Hit it with low setting with a hair dryer if you have to have it sooner. Just wait and let it dry till every nook and cranny has dried.

You might get lucky...The dryer the better.
    N5 Black 32GB 4.4.2(I love this thing!!), N4 (4.4.2), iphone 5, etc., N7(4.4.2) AT&T(2 Unlimited Plan's) The Nexus 5 is so fast...I just finished the internet...The ending wasn't great...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

How long would i have to blow dry it for cause i tried it for only 5-10 min and it's still the same.

Global Posts
    5,535 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by marbletsab View Post
    How long would i have to blow dry it for cause i tried it for only 5-10 min and it's still the same.
    It takes time for the phone to go back to normal. You can't expect it to be perfectly normal in a few minutes when it was in the wash for close to an hour. Leave it in rice for a couple of days with the battery removed. Then see if it has improved

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever