4.4 for our Samsung Galaxy S3 please read :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Great news for S3 owners. Surprising, really. Shipped with 4.0, got 4.1, 4.3, and now 4.4. Three major updates in the life of the device is really good!

cahls

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Great news for S3 owners. Surprising, really. Shipped with 4.0, got 4.1, 4.3, and now 4.4. Three major updates in the life of the device is really good!

Not really surprising... S3 is their flagship phone selling more than any other including the S4... sold more and for longer and still being sold today. Google reasearch how many are in use, thats an amazing number... Really a matter of company politics, take care of your biggest customer base... Wouldn't surprise me to see another update or two following this if the phone spec can handle it... It is definitely one device to exceed the two year norm...

Posted via Android Central App
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T)

Mark Baker1

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
There was a article a few months ago which said after KitKat update that there will be a total revamp of android and that will be the probable last major update of the s3 but I gather that could change as they were in early development stage

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
There was a article a few months ago which said after KitKat update that there will be a total revamp of android and that will be the probable last major update of the s3 but I gather that could change as they were in early development stage

No, this is almost certainly the last major update for the S3. It's nearly Two years old and when the S5 releases, Samsung will kill support for the S3. It was lucky to have gotten updates for that long. Very few phones get official support for that long.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was honestly surprised when official word was given that the S3 would get 4.4. That is 3 major updates to the device. Many devices don't get any.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately the international s3 wont be getting the kit kat update. Well I read that on sam mobile site. Oh well. 4.3 for me is ok.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AC Forums mobile app

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm stoked that it's getting continued support. I love my s3 as much or more than any I've ever had. Rock on sammy!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress