help - water damaged S3 keeps restarting

Celina1717

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi just bought a Samsung galaxy s3 and it has water damage it is currently in rice however the problem with it is tht it just keeps restarting. Everything else on the phone works fine... anyone have any idea what the problem may be?

Posted via Android Central App

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey chill out, you have started three threads already, be patient, do a search, water damage has been discussed many many times, if it has had time to dry, and doesn't work, it ain't going to.

Celina1717

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I am new to this app / site and did not know if the right ppl to help would see it if I only posted one and I wasnt sure if I posted to the right forum. And I understand tht water damage has been talked about frequently however I haven't seen anything pertaining to my situation.

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I am new to this app / site and did not know if the right ppl to help would see it if I only posted one and I wasnt sure if I posted to the right forum. And I understand tht water damage has been talked about frequently however I haven't seen anything pertaining to my situation.

Okay, fair enough, just keep in mind starting multiple threads on the same subject is not only against policy, it makes you seem pushy, and you will likely be ignored by the more seasoned members that can offer the most help. That being said, here goes, water damage is unpredictable, it depends on many factors, and is different in every case, and if no damage was done immediately due to water causing a short, which will cause immediate irreversible damage, corrosion and mineral deposit damage left after the water evaporates can show up at any time. remove battery if possible, do NOT attempt to power on or charge the phone, let it dry, several days at room temp, try to power it up and cross your fingers. If it doesn't work, it probably never will, if it does work, there is no guarantee how long. I personally would never buy any electronic device that has been wet other than for parts. As I stated, do a search, you will find lots of info, some will contradict what I said, that's cool, try it all, you have nothing to lose at this point😊

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance