Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I need help I have no network

Hello my Samsung galaxy s3 has no network. I bought it from walmart an it is a tracfone, I cannot downloads apps uhh nless I have wifi. My connections is terrible maybe 1 or 2 bars all day 3 if I'm lucky. Idk what to do plz someone help me.

Default Re: I need help I have no network

Well, unfortunately it can be a number of reasons.
    1) Do you have a mobile data plan? If not, well...
    2) Has your phone been configured for data with your carrier? If not, you should get your carrier to do so, otherwise it won't work.
    3) Has it just started losing data or you've never had data since the beginning? If the first, your phone might have lost the configuration or it's been damaged, if the latter, then it probably just needs configuring and/or a data plan.
    4) Is the area you're in covered by data?
    5) Is the "Mobile Data" switch in your phone ON?
    6) Have you selected the option to disable mobile data when reaching a certain consumption level? If so, maybe you're reached your cap and no longer have data because of that.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have unlimited data I think its a straighttalk / tracfone galaxy s3 an it works perfect besides the fact I have no network or I can download apps unless wifi is connected an that's also the problem idk what my network carrier is I can text an call just everything I've mentioned is the problem
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I just want ti be able to download apps :/ I've look at like everything its a straight talk Samsung galaxy s3 with no network the mobile data works perfectly too

OK, I'm getting confused... Do you have mobile data or not? You say it works perfectly but you say you have no network? Can you open webpages but not download apps? If so, try clearing the cache/data from Google Play. If you can't open anything at all (webpages, downloads, IM like Whatsapp, Messenger, etc.) then it's probably something with your carrier or the configuration of your phone, that's why I asked if you've always had the issue or it just started happening all of a sudden.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ok lol I have a mobile network but in mh setting in a option name about phone or whatever it gives u the info for your phone like ur number reply to me on kik if u have it pokemonheromaster ill send u a pic an we can chat more freely so u an I will understand

Sorry, don't use Kik
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Can u teach me how to root a phone?