4.3 - Turn Off All Sounds widget

jalal93

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
The 4.3 update seems to have deleted this widget. The "Turn Off All Sounds" option can be accessed via Settings > Accessibility, but that's long.

The option mutes all sounds including reciever voice. If you try to increase volume, the phone won't let you until you turn off the "Turn Off All Sounds" option. So basically nothing can override it.

Is there an alternate way to get this widget?

(I'm considering downgrading just to get this widget back.. 4.3 has removed useful features and given further bloatware so I'm very upset about it)

Last edited:

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Don't know the answer to your problem but want to let you know that since you upgraded to 4.3, it came with the Samsung Knox security feature. If you try to downgrade it will brick you phone. There is no going back since 4.3 unless you root and install a custom rom to downgrade. You can not downgrade the Bootloader.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, you can create a Shortcut to the Accessibility settings (see the Settings widget - 1x1) but that's the closest that I see in the system.

There's a bazillion widget apps in the Google Play Store and I'm sure you can find one that does what you want if you do some digging.

If you must fiddle with 4.1.2 you can look at http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=3408870

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

upperhutt jandles

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
The 4.3 update seems to have deleted this widget. The "Turn Off All Sounds" option can be accessed via Settings > Accessibility, but that's long.

The option mutes all sounds including reciever voice. If you try to increase volume, the phone won't let you until you turn off the "Turn Off All Sounds" option. So basically nothing can override it.

Is there an alternate way to get this widget?

(I'm considering downgrading just to get this widget back.. 4.3 has removed useful features and given further bloatware so I'm very upset about it)

upperhutt jandles

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Yea that sux it was a cool widget now its gone..there is an alternative called mute sounds in the app store..instead of one click to silence sounds it takes 2 clicks to mute..still better than going the long way around..

258shell

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
I found the widget on Galaxy Apps. I am shocked it wasn't in the play store. This solved the same problem i had that you described. I hope you find this beneficial.

Tammie Nestor

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Don't know the answer to your problem but want to let you know that since you upgraded to 4.3, it came with the Samsung Knox security feature. If you try to downgrade it will brick you phone. There is no going back since 4.3 unless you root and install a custom rom to downgrade. You can not downgrade the Bootloader.

What does bricking your phone mean I have Knox on my phone but it's not installed. Knox cane with my galaxy S6. What exactly is Knox and what would it do , performance wise? I constantly keep getting errors on my new phone stating that all of my apps may not appear what they really are? What do you think that might be? I'm locked out of the phone for alot of pre-installed apps through Samsung. Also the other apps in have appear different why you ask well some of the update keys are on the right and some are on the left why would this be like this? Could my phone be rooted or loaded with another command that is telling the apps to run constantly in the background. Any codes I could send my phone? To test it's authentucity?
Thank you,.

Racer8

Mar 12, 2021
Visit site
I would be willing to pay for the return of "Turn Off All Sounds" or a new app that works like it. I cannot find any app from the Play Store or Galaxy Apps that mute ALL Sound including Alarms.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I would be willing to pay for the return of "Turn Off All Sounds" or a new app that works like it. I cannot find any app from the Play Store or Galaxy Apps that mute ALL Sound including Alarms.
Hi, welcome to AC!

Do you have a s3 ? This thread is very old so most these members have probably moved on from this device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699