Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.3 - Turn Off All Sounds widget

The 4.3 update seems to have deleted this widget. The "Turn Off All Sounds" option can be accessed via Settings > Accessibility, but that's long.

The option mutes all sounds including reciever voice. If you try to increase volume, the phone won't let you until you turn off the "Turn Off All Sounds" option. So basically nothing can override it.

Is there an alternate way to get this widget?

(I'm considering downgrading just to get this widget back.. 4.3 has removed useful features and given further bloatware so I'm very upset about it)

Default Re: 4.3 - Turn Off All Sounds widget

Don't know the answer to your problem but want to let you know that since you upgraded to 4.3, it came with the Samsung Knox security feature. If you try to downgrade it will brick you phone. There is no going back since 4.3 unless you root and install a custom rom to downgrade. You can not downgrade the Bootloader.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3
    (No KNOX)

Well, you can create a Shortcut to the Accessibility settings (see the Settings widget - 1x1) but that's the closest that I see in the system.

There's a bazillion widget apps in the Google Play Store and I'm sure you can find one that does what you want if you do some digging.

If you must fiddle with 4.1.2 you can look at http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=3408870

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jalal93 View Post
    The 4.3 update seems to have deleted this widget. The "Turn Off All Sounds" option can be accessed via Settings > Accessibility, but that's long.

The option mutes all sounds including reciever voice. If you try to increase volume, the phone won't let you until you turn off the "Turn Off All Sounds" option. So basically nothing can override it.

Is there an alternate way to get this widget?

(I'm considering downgrading just to get this widget back.. 4.3 has removed useful features and given further bloatware so I'm very upset about it)

Yea that sux it was a cool widget now its gone..there is an alternative called mute sounds in the app store..instead of one click to silence sounds it takes 2 clicks to mute..still better than going the long way around..