Phone stopped working after Cyanogenmod update. Please help!

steckymc

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
This problem happened 2 days ago, and thats when I installed the update. When I did install it, I plugged the phone in and let it install overnight. When I woke up the phone wouldn't boot, the backlight would flash but instantly go off. Now I am having a new problem, the phone turns on but shows the Samsung logo then goes to the boot screen and stays there.

r5oE2Bj.png

It actually went to the boot screen after plugging it in, which is weird because it was charging all night. It was at 0%. It's a new battery too. The phone worked perfectly fine untill this update.

I also made a video if you don't understand my problem.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Are you able to boot into recovery? If you, you can just flash the backup file you made before doing the update.

steckymc

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Rule #1 is to always make a back up of your current ROM.

Can the phone be detected in ODIN?
Odin? Never heard of that.

If you don't know I installed Cyanogenmod using the simple installer and I installed the update straight from my phone when it said there was one.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Turns out this is a known bug and theres a fix
When I read through the information at the link you provided, it appears that there is an exe file that you can run (just one exe per model/carrier) that should fix the problem for you. Apparently you just have to run the correct exe and follow the prompts. At what point are you having trouble?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol