HELP! Not sure which parts are damaged! Whatever the polar opposite of savie is...that's me!

blackwellck

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

Ok, so the actual screen (outside part) got cracked (It wasn't shattered or anything, just a couple of long straighter cracks), but the phone was still working perfectly...no freezing, dimming, or anything. Then one day I sat it on my dresser to charge, and when I came back...BLACK! The LED buttons still light up, you can hear the start up sounds, everything else seems to be in perfect working order. So....what happened? What needs replaced? Please help me, I'm technologically challenged (to put it mildly)!:-[ Thank you!:

Last edited:

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
That doesn't sounds too bad, it just looks like the screen has went. I would take it to a repair shop and get someone to profesionally analyse it, but it sounds to me like you need the screen replaced.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
To add to what Kevin said, the actual screen consists of three parts: the front glass, the digitizer (the touch sensitive part) and the OLED display itself. It's hard to know exactly what happened, but there are two likely possibilities: Either the OLED screen was slightly damaged during the initial break, and that damage gradually got worse (for example, perhaps where the connector attaches to the display was stressed, and has now broken); Or, the cracked glass has allowed the display to flex, causing it to finally break.

Either way, Kevin is probably correct. A repair shop can replace the entire assembly, and your phone should be good as new.