1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Options and Back key arent working.

I got the phone as a replacement over a week ago through Verizon's phone claim. This morning i noticed it wasnt working in any application, it doesnt even light up. Ive tried restarting and messing with some settings. any ideas?

Default Re: Options and Back key arent working.

I'm usually that last person to recommend a factory reset, but I can't think of anything else under user control that might resolve this. Did they work when you first got the phone? If so, then it's possible some piece of software you loaded has messed it up, but figuring out which could be a pain.

If you won't lose too much, I'd try the reset. If they still don't work after that, it's a hardware issue. Unless you're rooted and running a custom ROM, but I get the feeling that's not the case.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Default Re: Options and Back key arent working.

Prior to the Factory Reset you could try booting into Safe mode - if 3rd party software is causing the problem this will (temporarily, until you reboot normally) allow you to confirm that.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro