1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S3 Hang Problem

after an update to 4.3 everytime i am facing the application hanging problem .. like its saying process.android isn't working or contacts is not responding .. kindly help me out .. sometimes even it automatically reboots .. ..

Default Re: S3 Hang Problem

First, try booting into Recovery mode and clearing the system cache.

If that doesn't help, boot into Recovery mode and perform a Factory Reset (you'll lose all of your data, so be sure to use something like Kies v3 to make a backup first).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Hi .. can you tell me how to boot into recovery mode ?
    and how to clear the cache ??

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    First, try booting into Recovery mode and clearing the system cache.

If that doesn't help, boot into Recovery mode and perform a Factory Reset (you'll lose all of your data, so be sure to use something like Kies v3 to make a backup first).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

power off
    hold down volume up + home + power all at once

wait until the boot screen comes up and it will says recovery in the top left very small, let go at this point

use the volume up and down to scroll and use the home button to select

choose wipe cache

than choose boot system

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador

i've done as you said but still am facing the same problem .. kindly someonce help me out .. i am facing the nightmares through my phone ..

Quote Originally Posted by Vikash Srirangam View Post
    i've done as you said but still am facing the same problem
    Did your problems start with an update to 4.3? If so, and if clearing the system cache in Recovery mode didn't help, then it's time to consider performing a Factory Reset. You'll want to make a backup before proceeding - I'd recommend using Kies v3.

unfortunately i've done the factory reset too .. but it didn't solved my problem .. someone please help me out ..

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Did your problems start with an update to 4.3? If so, and if clearing the system cache in Recovery mode didn't help, then it's time to consider performing a Factory Reset. You'll want to make a backup before proceeding - I'd recommend using Kies v3.

The last thing I can suggest is using the Kies software to reload the firmware on your phone - here's how:
    - if you don't already have the Kies software installed on your PC, download it (just search Google - be sure to get Kies v3) and install it. The first time it runs it'll update itself to the latest version so make sure you run it once before proceeding.
    - put your phone in Download mode: with the phone completely off, press and hold the Volume Down and Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and release them all when you see the Samsung splash screen
    - connect the phone to your PC with the USB cable that came with the phone
    -- if you've never had the phone connected to your Windows-based computer before, you'll see messages about installing drivers, etc - just wait until this is done (may take 5 or 10 minutes) [I don't know what happens if you have a Mac - it probably just works]
    - in the Kies software, select the second item in the Tools menu (Firmware upgrade and initialization) and just follow the prompts to enter the model number (in CAPS) and IMEI/Serial Number (both found under the battery - it's ok to remove the battery at this point)
    - the Kies software should start downloading the correct firmware for your phone from the Internet; once that's done (depending on your Internet connection speed) it'll begin downloading that to the phone (this probably takes 10 minutes or so)

Hi
    I have a hanging prob too but its kinda diff..can u help me out?

I had iphone but I wanted an android too. My cousin had s3, she been using it since a year and it was new when she bought. Ive been watching her all the time using it without any prob. I bought it from her.. even on the last day she used it and it was perfect. When I got it my husband master reset it through a professional to clean up any data remained. But after that the phone hangs on some screens. It can be any screen.. fb sometimes when im using the cell or browsing too. Then I restart it through power it restarts...but whats the prob? It was prfect i doubt that its bco of the reset. Plz guide me.. its updated n hv antivirus too. Only this problem occurs occassionally.plzzz help
    Ill be thankful.

Quote Originally Posted by ReenSham View Post
    Plz guide me
    You can try rebooting into Recovery mode and clearing the system cache.

If that doesn't help you can try booting into Safe mode to see if the phone hangs (you won't be able to use 3rd party apps in this mode) - if it doesn't hang then the problem is with one of your 3rd party apps.