- 2 Posts
What Files to Transfer to New Phone?
Recently my bulldog puppy thought my Galaxy S2 was a chew toy and completely destroyed the screen to the point where you cannot see anything. Yesterday I went and picked up a Galaxy S3 and as per the clerks advice backed-up my S2 data on my PC. Now my question is, what folders/files do I copy over in order to retain my contact list, bookmarks, and App data?
Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-01-2014 at 08:24 PM.
- 03-01-2014, 01:48 PM #2
Re: What Files to Trasnfer?
For contact list, if you used Google contacts, then you don't have to do anything. If you used Chrome tied to your Google account then you won't have to do anything. If tied to your Google account, just sync the new device to Google.
If they aren't tied to your Google account, you can use an app like easebackup to backup and restore contacts and bookmarks
For app data use an app like Helium
dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
- 03-01-2014, 06:53 PM #3
- 03-04-2014, 11:12 PM #5
- 6,130 Posts
Re: What Files to Transfer to New Phone?
Samsung Kies is software that runs on your PC, not on your phone. As long as the phone boots and doesn't have a Pattern/PIN/Password screen lock, you should be able to backup most everything and restore it on the replacement phone.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
- By yogi2000#AC in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 38Last Post: 04-05-2014, 10:06 PM
- By kenn in forum Verizon HTC OneReplies: 5Last Post: 03-10-2014, 01:55 PM
- By quietlybrilliant in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 14Last Post: 03-06-2014, 01:00 PM
- By deeve in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 12Last Post: 03-01-2014, 08:32 PM
- By eak1570 in forum HTC OneReplies: 2Last Post: 03-01-2014, 05:07 PM