Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Touch screen on Galaxy S3 quit working

So last night my touch screen stopped working, so my phone is useless it turns on it rings and I get text messages but I can't answer calls or read the messages cause the screen doesn't work. I've not dropped the phone, it's not gotten wet so I have no idea what the problem could be. So far I have taken the battery out and put back in a number of times (each time with fingers crossed) I have plugged it into the charger it charges fine I hooked it up to my desktop again all it did was charge. I did read a thread somewhere last night top put it in the freezer for 15 minutes with the battery out it should fix the issue, well it did for three minutes so I basically have to do that in order to make a call or send a message. I did put it in the freezer then hook it up to the computer and download all my pictures so I have those backed up. But is there anything I can try that will solve this issue?.
    Thanks

Default Re: Touch screen on galaxy s3 quit working

Very strange that putting it in the freezer makes it work...

All I can think of is replacing the screen assembly:
    http://m.repairsuniverse.com/samsung...ent-white.html

http://www.etradesupply.com/samsung-...-assembly.html

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro