Messages Hacked?

Peter Coulton

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
On a couple of occasions recently I have found a draft message that I haven't created in the text app on phone. There is no related message in the in box. The message when sent is an entry to a competion for an i phone. There is a number to contact to cancel messages but I'm loathed to use it.
Has this happened to anyone else? Can anyone explain how they've created a draft message, has my phone been hacked?
Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
What carrier are you on? Have you received any strange text messages?

I don't think the phone has been hacked, but it may be a malicious app.

Peter Coulton

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
The last app I installed was downloaded from Google Play Store, an app called App2Find. I've had a quick search and can't find issues reported by anyone else?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The last app I installed was downloaded from Google Play Store, an app called App2Find. I've had a quick search and can't find issues reported by anyone else?

You could try an antivirus app. Many are very good for finding malicious apps.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Malwarebytes: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=org.malwarebytes.antimalware&token=7XmRG-y9 might be useful.

If this is happening frequently you could try booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/59242 and if the problem goes away you know that it's a 3rd party app causing the problem. Then at worst you could perform a Factory Reset and clear up the issue.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish