Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bad stand-by time samsung galaxy s3 android 4.3

hey guys i have a little problem and i hope someone can help me.

since I updated my unrooted samsung galaxy s3 to android 4.3 i have a battery problem.
    My battery drops 5-10% in a hour with wifi off gps off mobile data off and also all location settings disabeld. NOT USING THE SCREEN!
    I also downloaded no apps. and most of the samsung and google apps were dissabeld.

after that I bought the zerolemon 7000Mah extended battery. so 3.5 times bigger than the stock 2100Mah battery from Samsung.
    I did a factory reset and installed some apps like whatsapp, zedge, facebook, and a few games.
    I also installed greenify. this app force stops all the other app that I installed. After this my battery drops 2% a hour with wifi off gps off mobile data off and also all location settings disabeld. again not using the screen in that time. This is not the performence i was suspecting from a bigger battery.
    I am sick of waking up and lose 10 % in the night with airplane mode on and no wifi.

most of the time android os is the bigest battery consumer in my battery log 15-30%.
    Android os also shows a big stay awake time. (12 hours if i am using the phone for 24 hours).

My problem is the stand-by time and that is now really bad.
    my screen on time is absolutlie great with my new battery. so if i use my phone the battery life is awsome with the extended battery
    but when i put it in stand-by thats when the problems starts.
    I also tryed some things like DS battery saver, advanced task killer, a factory reset and juice defender.
    neither of this worked for me.

I dont think that a downloaded app is the problem because the problem stayed even with no apps installed.

I want to extend my stand-by time no matter what it takes and i hope someone can help me out!
    Thanks!!

PS sorry for bad english!

Global Posts
    20,767 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Bad stand-by time samsung galaxy s3 android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by saab61 View Post
    hey guys i have a little problem and i hope someone can help me.

since I updated my unrooted samsung galaxy s3 to android 4.3 i have a battery problem.
    My battery drops 5-10% in a hour with wifi off gps off mobile data off and also all location settings disabeld. NOT USING THE SCREEN!
    I also downloaded no apps. and most of the samsung and google apps were dissabeld.

after that I bought the zerolemon 7000Mah extended battery. so 3.5 times bigger than the stock 2100Mah battery from Samsung.
    I did a factory reset and installed some apps like whatsapp, zedge, facebook, and a few games.
    I also installed greenify. this app force stops all the other app that I installed. After this my battery drops 2% a hour with wifi off gps off mobile data off and also all location settings disabeld. again not using the screen in that time. This is not the performence i was suspecting from a bigger battery.
    I am sick of waking up and lose 10 % in the night with airplane mode on and no wifi.

most of the time android os is the bigest battery consumer in my battery log 15-30%.
    Android os also shows a big stay awake time. (12 hours if i am using the phone for 24 hours).

My problem is the stand-by time and that is now really bad.
    my screen on time is absolutlie great with my new battery. so if i use my phone the battery life is awsome with the extended battery
    but when i put it in stand-by thats when the problems starts.
    I also tryed some things like DS battery saver, advanced task killer, a factory reset and juice defender.
    neither of this worked for me.

I dont think that a downloaded app is the problem because the problem stayed even with no apps installed.

I want to extend my stand-by time no matter what it takes and i hope someone can help me out!
    Thanks!!

PS sorry for bad english!
    Welcome to the forums.
    Try clearing cache in recovery. That might help. Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    saab61 
    saab61 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hey and tanks for the quick response!
    is this dangerous? can my phone be bricked if i clear the cache? is there a chance that my phone wont get back on?

Global Posts
    20,767 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Hey and tanks for the quick response!
    is this dangerous? can my phone be bricked if i clear the cache? is there a chance that my phone wont get back on?
    No. I do that at least once a month.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Thanked by:
    saab61 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

thank you very much it seems to work!
    0% battery drop in 4 hours, perfect!
    thank you!

Global Posts
    20,767 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

thank you very much it seems to work!
    0% battery drop in 4 hours, perfect!
    thank you!
    Glad it helped. See you around the forums.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline

Do I need to back my files up first? Or is it ok to just go for it without losing ne info?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

clearing cache won't affect your data at all.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.