Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Says earphones are plugged in when they're not

    I dropped my phone in water and the only thing that has happened is that my phone is now registering as though my earphones are in but they are not. I cannot listen to music out loud or talk on the phone now without earphones. Please help! Is there a way to get my phone to realize there aren't actually any earphones plugged in????

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Says earphones are plugged in when they're not

    Try restarting your phone if that doesn't work try a factory reset. Of that doesn't work try contacting your service provider and see if your warranty covers water damage. Hope this helps .
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Says earphones are plugged in when they're not

    Quote Originally Posted by ejo1722 View Post
    I dropped my phone in water and the only thing that has happened
    Did you take the normal precautions after it got wet? Taking it apart and burying the phone and battery in uncooked rice in a sealed container for several days is your best defense against damage.

    Have you looked into the audio jack to be sure that there's no debris/moisture in there?

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Says earphones are plugged in when they're not

    MY Samsung Galaxy when I answered the phone I couldn't hear nothing. And when I called somebody I couldn't hear nothing.
    Tried turning the phone off and back on. The same thing.
    Looked at the top and it showed a pair of headphones connected. But there was no headphones connected.
    Had just washed the Van.
    So I grabbed a set of headphones and plugged them in and it showed headphones connected.
    So I unplugged them and it showed the headphones was disconnected.
    So I used another mp and called my phone and the phone started working right again.
    Tripp City.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Says earphones are plugged in when they're not

    i had the same problem but then i took my phone out to my air compressor and blew air through the head phone jack and it stopped saying earphones connected
  6. #6  

    Thumbs up Re: Says earphones are plugged in when they're not

    just get a small screwdriver stick it in for like two seconds then take it out
  7. #7  

    Talking Re: Says earphones are plugged in when they're not

    perfect solution. I used my air compressor and problem solved.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Says earphones are plugged in when they're not

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Did you take the normal precautions after it got wet? Taking it apart and burying the phone and battery in uncooked rice in a sealed container for several days is your best defense against damage.

    Have you looked into the audio jack to be sure that there's no debris/moisture in there?

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    That's a old wise tale myth. I think he's talking about his phone being the s5 water-resistant ? If so I intentionally threw mine in pool just now and same thing happened but as I'm writing this it's stopped. LET'S TRY IT AGAIN!

    Posted via the Android Central App👍
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Says earphones are plugged in when they're not

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Chowthi View Post
    Try restarting your phone if that doesn't work try a factory reset. Of that doesn't work try contacting your service provider and see if your warranty covers water damage. Hope this helps .
    No phones cover water damage. If yours does I'm switching tomorrow

    Posted via the Android Central App👍

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2014, 10:32 AM
  2. Tab Pro 8.4 Not Connecting to 802.11ac
    By lattemaker in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-06-2014, 05:23 PM
  3. Zoomed in during lock screen?
    By SinXGuard in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-06-2014, 03:47 PM
  4. Temporary Scribble line on Screen when Scrolling
    By MacGromit in forum ASUS MeMO Pad HD7
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2014, 05:25 AM
  5. Phone locking up in my contacts can not make call
    By ONEBUDJACK in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2014, 05:18 AM

Posting Permissions