Says earphones are plugged in when they're not

ejo1722

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I dropped my phone in water and the only thing that has happened is that my phone is now registering as though my earphones are in but they are not. I cannot listen to music out loud or talk on the phone now without earphones. Please help! Is there a way to get my phone to realize there aren't actually any earphones plugged in????

Posted via Android Central App

Marlon Chowthi

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Try restarting your phone if that doesn't work try a factory reset. Of that doesn't work try contacting your service provider and see if your warranty covers water damage. Hope this helps .

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my phone in water and the only thing that has happened
Did you take the normal precautions after it got wet? Taking it apart and burying the phone and battery in uncooked rice in a sealed container for several days is your best defense against damage.

Have you looked into the audio jack to be sure that there's no debris/moisture in there?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
MY Samsung Galaxy when I answered the phone I couldn't hear nothing. And when I called somebody I couldn't hear nothing.
Tried turning the phone off and back on. The same thing.
Looked at the top and it showed a pair of headphones connected. But there was no headphones connected.
Had just washed the Van.
So I grabbed a set of headphones and plugged them in and it showed headphones connected.
So I unplugged them and it showed the headphones was disconnected.
So I used another mp and called my phone and the phone started working right again.
Tripp City.

augustbasile

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
i had the same problem but then i took my phone out to my air compressor and blew air through the head phone jack and it stopped saying earphones connected

Mike Russo1

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Did you take the normal precautions after it got wet? Taking it apart and burying the phone and battery in uncooked rice in a sealed container for several days is your best defense against damage.

Have you looked into the audio jack to be sure that there's no debris/moisture in there?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

That's a old wise tale myth. I think he's talking about his phone being the s5 water-resistant ? If so I intentionally threw mine in pool just now and same thing happened but as I'm writing this it's stopped. LET'S TRY IT AGAIN!

Try restarting your phone if that doesn't work try a factory reset. Of that doesn't work try contacting your service provider and see if your warranty covers water damage. Hope this helps .

No phones cover water damage. If yours does I'm switching tomorrow

Posted via the Android Central App������

Last edited by a moderator:

J Ray

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem due to water entering the system, blew into the audio jack (got splashed by some moisture that came out) and this did the trick. Back to normal again.

Adrian Joven

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
I dropped my phone in water and the only thing that has happened is that my phone is now registering as though my earphones are in but they are not. I cannot listen to music out loud or talk on the phone now without earphones. Please help! Is there a way to get my phone to realize there aren't actually any earphones plugged in????

If this happeneds to you screw the rice trick it dosent work I had the same problem get a blow dryer and put it on the charge port on your phone after a minute or 2 your music should work !! just did it right now worked perfectly

tomHilldotcom89

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site

The end of an incense stick wrapped in rizzila paper for a fee minutes did the trick for me. Lol :)

sarah1313

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
If this happeneds to you screw the rice trick it dosent work I had the same problem get a blow dryer and put it on the charge port on your phone after a minute or 2 your music should work !! just did it right now worked perfectly

Thanks bro for your suggestion
I have blown the charger port and the phone now starts working

Sweetgood

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site

Please help me

Rachel29

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site

You can blow into your phone where you plug in your earphones it helps my fone did the same thing twice and I blew into that little hole and it just stopped saying I have earphones in...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The problem is that the OP dropped the phone in water. Blowing into the phone's headphone jack won't help with water damage, unfortunately.