- 2 Posts
Galaxy S3 wont read sim card after firmware update
Hi I have completed a firmware update and now the phone won't recognise the sim card. I have tried my sim card in another phone & ok. Also tried another sim in my phone & it won't recognise it. Gone through settings and get a message ;Insert SIM card to access network services.' Has anyone got any solutions to resolve this issue as I do not want to revert to factory settings (unless I really have to).
Thanks in advance.
- 03-05-2014, 11:48 PM #2
- 6,681 Posts
Re: Galaxy S3 wont read sim card after firmware update
You really have to...
You should be able to use the Kies software (you'll need v3 if you updated to 4.3 firmware) to backup your important information.
It sounds like something got botched during the update, so if the Factory Reset doesn't fix the problem you can also use Kies to reload the firmware.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
- By Eric OConnor in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 2Last Post: 11-20-2015, 09:40 PM
- By gogobird in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 AccessoriesReplies: 1Last Post: 03-28-2014, 12:15 PM
- By Anil Ghatikar in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 03-07-2014, 06:32 AM
- By bdlivengood in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 03-05-2014, 11:37 AM
- By steve_ma in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 03-05-2014, 09:36 AM