Calling all experts! Please help! S3 woes

CONSTRIBUSTION

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

First time user, LONG time lurker at this site lol. First off i'd like to thank everyone for all the valuable information I've been able to receive and use throughout the past from this site. However, I now have a new issue that I can't seem to get a definitive answer on, yes I've googled, yes I've searched the forums and sub-forums, and I can't find what I need...so now I need you guys' help.

I broke my Samsung Galaxy S3 (Verizon) and the screen is completely shattered. Along with the screen being shattered, the backlight is completely ruined and wont turn on. I can plug the phone in, charge it, hear notifications, etc. I just can't see anything on the screen.

I desperately need to retrieve all of my pictures from the device, particularly one album of a recently deceased close relative. Somehow, although I thought I had everything on my SD card storage, the pics and album were saved to internal memory instead. I can connect the device to my laptop (Windows 8), but can't retrieve or import any files, I guess mainly because the device is locked and I have no way to go about unlocking it since the screen/backlight is destroyed. I really don't want to go the route of finding and buying another S3 and tearing into it to swap cables and hooking a new device's screen to the current device's motherboard...but I guess I will if I have to if I have no other options..

Can someone please help? I need to retrieve these photos.

Thanks so much in advance!

sanyka78

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
If you've set up Samsung account on your phone, you can unlock it remotely from Samsung website and then hoock it up to PC via USB to browse it's folders/files.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
This will allow you to connect via HDMI to a TV so you can see what's going on, and you can use a USB keyboard/mouse to navigate. Unlock the phone, disable the lock method and then use Samsung Kies to make a backup.

Here are a couple of sources for replacement screen assemblies:
http://m.repairsuniverse.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-screen-assembly-replacement-white.html

http://www.etradesupply.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-s3-gt-i9300-lcd-screen-and-digitizer-assembly.html

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa