Frustrated with the Galaxy s3... Grrrrr

Gilad Alon

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
So, I have a galaxy s3 now for a year or so. Recently, I have noticed that some chargers stopped charging. Ones that work yesterday, all of a sudden dont work today. I bought a new official charger thinking the issue was the charger, worked fine for the first charge, then the second charge, shows as if charging, but percentage decreasing. So.... Took to my cell provider and they are replacing the inlet.

All said and done, havent gotten my phone back as of yet, but, meanwhile, as I am a pilot, I had to take my wife's galaxy s3 on the road with me, and behold, the same thing has happened to my wife's galaxy s3. Not charging, or showing charging and percentage decreasing.

Oh, and for both phones, it happens when the phone is off as well, so that would rule out any software problem right?

This is soooo frustrating...

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
What's the amperage of the chargers being used to charge the phones? Are they being charged through AC adapter or via USB port?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Gilad Alon

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
What's the amperage of the chargers being used to charge the phones? Are they being charged through AC adapter or via USB port?

If I understand you correctly..

1 Wall charger is 1.0A
The second one is 900mA

The second one worked the last charge...

They are all used through the AC and now USB.

Gilad Alon

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
By official charger do you mean adapter or cable?

Both the cable and the wall charger are official samsung.

I just noticed, while using DU Battery saver, the voltage shows 4.301V in red while charging.. Would that be an area for concern? Maybe a sensor is stopping the phone from charging intermittently as a safety mechanism?

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
This is with the official charger? Is there another micro USB port to test the cord on? Just to fully rule out the charger? I think you might be on to something about the sensor after a fashion... Though I doubt it's for safeties sake.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Gilad Alon

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
This is with the official charger? Is there another micro USB port to test the cord on? Just to fully rule out the charger? I think you might be on to something about the sensor after a fashion... Though I doubt it's for safeties sake.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I am out on the road now and i only have this one phone...

What app can I use to see the stats of the phone being charged by the various chargers?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed, while using DU Battery saver, the voltage shows 4.301V in red while charging.. Would that be an area for concern?
ybyju9a2.jpg
That appears to be normal - at least, the same thing happens on my phone. When the charger was first connected the voltage was ~4.19v, then after a minute or so it jumped up to what you see in the screenshot. I'd have to do a longer study to see how it varies during a normal charge cycle.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs