Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By keithg59
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Reduced battery life on Galaxy S3 after Android 4.3 upgrade

My phone recently downloaded an upgrade to Android 4.3, after which the battery doesn't even last 24 hours. It can take 7 or 8 hours to reach a full charge, especially if I leave it on whilst charging and it got so bad that I bought a new, higher output battery even though the phone is only about 15 months old. Fully charged last night at 17:45 and by 17:56 it was telling me that the charge had dropped to 99% with 6:28 left. At 19:24, it was reporting 94% with 33 hrs time left. It has gone downhill again since and at 14:20 today was telling me to put it on charge as it was at 15%, so it has lasted less than 24 hours. It is now saying that there is 7 hours until it is fully charged.

Within that time, I have not made or received a call, used the internet, camera or any other fancy function on the phone. I have received a dozen or so text messages, none of which I needed to reply to, so the phone has been active for less than 10 minutes.

The battery monitor provides the following stats:
    Device idle 27%
    Standby 23%
    Android 18%
    Screen 15%
    Google Services 8%
    WiFi 3% Weather & Clock widget 2%

I would be grateful for any advice that can be offered and failing all else, if it is possible to revert to the earlier version of Android.

My Wife's phone, an HTC1 has also upgraded and is also suffering from a very much reduced battery life, from about 3 days to less than 1.
    _YoKolorMeBadd likes this.