Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 owners, are you considering a Galaxy S5?

Hello, fellow Galaxy S3 owners I am thinking about getting the S5 as my next phone. What about you guys? Are you going to get the S5, a phone currently available, or an upcoming phone?

Default Re: Galaxy S3 owners, are you considering a Galaxy S5?

Thinking about s5. Not considering any other phone. Just s5

I'm looking at HTC M8. If they add a SD card slot that WORKS (as Samsung failed SD cards/ corruption issues has left a sour taste in my mouth) I'm seriously considering a switch. Samsung has become a bit unreliable in that department and hasn't fixed the issue of larger cards corrupting. How can you be sure it will be fixed in future models? They've lost my trust. On top of that they haven't confirmed selling the 32G S5 anywhere but online so far. To keep my "grandfathered" Sprint plan I have to purchase in store (Best Buy) so they can keep my family plan the same and not automatically change it to this "Framily Plan" crap. Buying online forces you into a new plan.
    So in short, if they offer the 32g in stores and my research shows the SD card issue a "non issue" for this model I'll grab it, in white. If not and the same issues follow this model, I'll go HTC route. I have until December to decide ;-)

Posted via Android Central App

Im sticking with my s3 for awhile. Thing runs like a top! Especially since the rumor of it getting an os upgrade.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

M8 all the way. Have loved my s3 but cant stand the looks of the s5 back. Deal breaker for me for sure.

Posted via Android Central App

My S3 works fine, there is no reason to update it.

The S5 is not different enough or any more technically advanced to justify an upgrade. It doesn't need to purchased to take advantage of any network upgrades either. Not here in Australia anyway.

I don't see the point in having new, just for the sake of having the latest. The S3 does everything I want.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenBSD View Post
    My S3 works fine, there is no reason to update it.

The S5 is not different enough or any more technically advanced to justify an upgrade. It doesn't need to purchased to take advantage of any network upgrades either. Not here in Australia anyway.

I don't see the point in having new, just for the sake of having the latest. The S3 does everything I want.
    Well said. My thoughts exactly. If the S5 had a "wake up and cook me breakfast feature" or was free, I would do it. But my S3 rocks. IT does everything I want, is stable, customized to my liking. I have spare batteries. No reason for me to spend $ on the S5.

Sent from my Galaxy powered S3 using tapatalk

Daughter had the S3 and we just checked out the S5.

My point if view is that of a person who had never cared for Samsung for many reasons.....

The S5 is the nicest phone I've seen from Samsung period. It's leaps and bounds past the S3

I dislike amoled and that's my main gripe about Samsung but this display is much improved. There is a lot to like about the S5 even if it wouldn't be my choice

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador