Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My S3 battery drains abnormally quickly

I just bought my Galaxy S3 a little more than 5 months ago. The battery life has been kinda short from the beginning but I am now faced with a new issue. The battery drains about 1% every other minute and then at the end when its around 10% the screen blurs and then the phone hangs before shutting down. Kindly help me with this problem.

Global Posts
    17,399 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: My S3 battery drains abnormally quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Khan15 View Post
    I just bought my Galaxy S3 a little more than 5 months ago. The battery life has been kinda short from the beginning but I am now faced with a new issue. The battery drains about 1% every other minute and then at the end when its around 10% the screen blurs and then the phone hangs before shutting down. Kindly help me with this problem.
    Welcome to the forums.
    I would try clearing cache in recovery first. Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: My S3 battery drains abnormally quickly

Sounds like you have one or more apps running wild. Try booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...ase.html/59242 (you won't be able to use any 3rd party apps) and see if the problem goes away. If it does then you know it's some app(s) that you installed. Just a matter of using the right tools to identify the culprit after that.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Golfdriver97 likes this.