Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Samsung S3 suddenly started self-rebooting!

Hi, this is my first post

My Samsung S3 suddenly started self-rebooting every few minutes

I can reset, wipe all data but my only problem is on how to backup all the data; contacts, messages, photos, etc as I am not able to connected using kies and not even able to backup any data using the partition! It doesn't allow even few moments to copy. It's really annoying and the only thing I wish to do is to backup my data and through the phone.

Global Posts
    20,799 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Samsung S3 suddenly started self-rebooting!

Quote Originally Posted by androidbat View Post
    Hi, this is my first post

My Samsung S3 suddenly started self-rebooting every few minutes

I can reset, wipe all data but my only problem is on how to backup all the data; contacts, messages, photos, etc as I am not able to connected using kies and not even able to backup any data using the partition! It doesn't allow even few moments to copy. It's really annoying and the only thing I wish to do is to backup my data and through the phone.
    I would suggest rebooting into recovery and clearing cache. See if that helps.
    [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    No personal data gets wiped in this process.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Welcome to the forums!

If you take the battery out of the phone for a minute or two, then reinsert it, does the phone turn on by itself?

If it doesn't you can try booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...ase.html/59242 and see if the problem persists.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Golfdriver97 and androidbat like this.

Global Posts
    20,799 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Sorry, I forgot to say hi in my original response. Welcome to the forums!!!

From a Liquid Nexus 5

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Welcome to the forums!

If you take the battery out of the phone for a minute or two, then reinsert it, does the phone turn on by itself?

If it doesn't you can try booting into Safe mode Safe Mode - Samsung Galaxy S® III and see if the problem persists.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    I wish to tell you that I have successfully backedup everything using theis method and I really appreciate your support. Thank you very much indeed.

I had same.problem with Galaxy w.i coudnt rectify

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by androidbat View Post
    I wish to tell you that I have successfully backedup everything
    Great! If your phone behaved normally in Safe mode then your problems were being caused by one (or more) 3rd party apps. After performing a Factory Reset you'll need to be careful with what you install. You probably want to install a few apps and use the phone for a couple of days before installing another set.

Also be sure to look at the ratings in the Google Play Store - I don't install anything that has less than a 4.0 rating.

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Harshuvinod View Post
    I had same.problem with Galaxy w.i coudnt rectify
    You're going to have to be more specific if you want some help - there's a few things that can cause constant rebooting (bad/stuck Power switch/button; faulty apps; failing battery).