Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Issue- Help? please and thank you

Recently my Galaxy S3, GT-I9305T has been playing up alot. When the battery reaches anywhere between 40-20% the screen starts flickering and then just shuts down altogether. I also get a pretty terrible battery life with only about 1 hour, usually less of on-screen time. Im not sure what 'mediaserver' is but it uses a large chunk of my battery life and it never used to. Any help is appreciated, should I buy a new battery or a whole new phone? Quite frustrating. Thanks guys

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    22,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Battery Issue- Help? please and thank you

Is it the original battery? If so, the battery just might be going.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

If media server is using a lot of battery, there's a good chance you have a corrupt media file on either internal or external storage. The media server periodically scans your storage, and if it gets stuck on a file it can't read it will churn, eating up cpu and battery.

I you have a removable SD, try taking it out, rebooting, and see if that resolves the issue. If not, try copying moving all your music, photo and video files off the phone, to a computer, and rebooting.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yes it is the original battery, I havent changed it.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes I do have a Micro SD card and I have tried what you said and taken it out of the phone and seen if the battery lasts longer but it doesnt. Ill try rebooting with the SD Card removed.

Remember it could be a file on internal memory, too.

PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.