Battery Issue- Help? please and thank you
Recently my Galaxy S3, GT-I9305T has been playing up alot. When the battery reaches anywhere between 40-20% the screen starts flickering and then just shuts down altogether. I also get a pretty terrible battery life with only about 1 hour, usually less of on-screen time. Im not sure what 'mediaserver' is but it uses a large chunk of my battery life and it never used to. Any help is appreciated, should I buy a new battery or a whole new phone? Quite frustrating. Thanks guys
Posted via Android Central App
- 03-28-2014, 09:32 AM #2
- 03-28-2014, 10:00 AM #3
Re: Battery Issue- Help? please and thank you
If media server is using a lot of battery, there's a good chance you have a corrupt media file on either internal or external storage. The media server periodically scans your storage, and if it gets stuck on a file it can't read it will churn, eating up cpu and battery.
I you have a removable SD, try taking it out, rebooting, and see if that resolves the issue. If not, try
copyingmoving all your music, photo and video files off the phone, to a computer, and rebooting.
- 03-28-2014, 02:04 PM #6
- By freddyttt in forum HTC One M8Replies: 11Last Post: 07-10-2014, 09:38 AM
- By pass-a-fist in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 3Last Post: 03-31-2014, 03:24 PM
- By Ninjus in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 03-28-2014, 07:42 AM
- By wies in forum LG G2Replies: 1Last Post: 03-28-2014, 07:18 AM
- By muppy7 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 MiniReplies: 4Last Post: 03-28-2014, 01:52 AM