Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3: Please Help Me, firmware upgrade encountered an issue

Hello guys. This is my first time here. I have Samsung Galaxy s3 GT-I9300 . I have problems with my phone. I cannot use it. It shows up firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.
    I tried Press and hold the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons until a recovery mode screen appears. But when i press volume up to download a new firmware it happens nothing. It shows again the Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again. Every 3 seconds i see Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.

Please help me .
    Thanks a lot, and sorry for my bad english.

Global Posts
    24,707 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Please Help Me, firmware upgrade encountered an issue.

Welcome to the forums.
    So you can't reboot into DOwnload mode at all?

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks .
    Yes, it keeps showing me the same thing after i do the volume up, it brings me back to the error. I dont know where the problem is
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Maybe it is because the phone is not connecting good with a usb cable. I see on samsung kies every 2 seconds phone get connected and disconnected. I also tried other cables the same thing.

First of all, be sure you don't have a cable connected when you attempt to boot into Download mode.
    Second, it sounds like you're pressing Volume Up + Home + Power - that will take you into Recovery mode (and will prompt you to press Volume Up) - we don't want that.
    Third, the Download (aka Odin) mode screen says
    "Downloading..."
    "Do not turn target off"
    (along with some stuff in the upper left corner).
    Fourth, in order for Download mode to be useful you have to have something on your computer to download to the phone. We'll need to know the carrier/firmware/region (if an International user) in order to direct you to the correct firmware.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks a lot. All i need to do is to get a phone in life. I dont know what happend and also for what im getting this error.
    Can you please tell me steps to get the phone work? Thanks a lot guys for trying to help me.

P.s Also the problem is that now i dont have the phone connected with usb, and still see the error firmware upgrade.. it shows up every 3 seconds, and now i press Volume Up + Home + Power but when i want to Continue ( press volume up ) it brings me back again to the firmware upgrade that is showing up every 3 seconds.
    Thanks
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I downloaded the firmware for my phone. I was trying to make it work with Odin, but i think that the fail is all about the usb. Even that i used 4 different cables i still have the same problem, i see on Odin this : <ID:0/005> Added!!
    <ID:0/005> Removed!!
    <ID:0/005> Added!!

I dont know why my usb cable is not connecting my phone, i installed all samsung drivers

Default Re: Galaxy S3: Please Help Me, firmware upgrade encountered an issue

As I mentioned before, you're using the wrong key sequence.

With the phone completely off, press and hold the Volume DOWN + Home + Power buttons simultaneously, and release them all when you see the Download screen that I described.

Then connect the cable to your computer running Odin.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

It doesnt work. I cannot sent my phone to download mode, also when i connect with odin it connects and disconnects every 2 seconds.I tried on other computer same problem, i tried with other usb cable same problem. Here im posting the video of my phone problem :

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Any help guys?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertJWilliams View Post
    Here im posting the video of my phone problem
    I couldn't tell from your video - did the phone turn on as soon as you inserted the battery?

Also, how long are you holding down the keys (Volume Down + Home + Power)? Once you feel the phone vibrate you should be able to let all of them go, and then just wait for that first screen (which appears in the video) that prompts you to press Volume Up.